“Four Nights in Paradise”

Tortuga Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Gardens apartments are top notch. Clean and spacious. We stayed with another couple and still had our privacy as bedrooms are on opposite ends of the suite. Our friends from Pennsylvania had not been to the area and they loved it!

Room Tip: Gardens apts are more luxurious. Suggest you share with another couple rather than get a single room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Tortuga Resort is the one and only place to stay when you go to Anna Maria Island, Bradenton, or Sarasota Florida. This is the most relaxing, convenient, friendly, place you could stay. Let me tell you that I am a clean freak when it comes to rooms and pools, Tortuga never let's me down. You have every thing you need, kitchen stocked, all you need is food, if you don't want to cook there are plenty of places to eat, all price ranges. A variety of room sizes, and prices, you will find what you need. If you have children, there are rooms that have separate bedrooms, you can put them to bed and still enjoy yourself! I can not say enough about this resort, you will never be sorry. If you decide to not use the pool, just cross the street and go to the beach! It's so nice to sit relax and enjoy the water. This resort has everything, also if you need anything they are willing to help in any way. The staff is so friendly and they are very nice people that never loose the personal touch. That is very important, you never want to be treated like just a number. You will never be disappointed with the Tortuga Inn. Also they keep improving and adding things that add to your comfort. We never stay any where else and we have family on the Island and in Bradenton. Try it you will return every chance you get. Nancy Schneider, Des Plaines, il.

Room Tip: They even have rooms with an elevator if needed, for old people like me!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My fiance and I were finishing up a week in Siesta Key when we decided that we'd like to stay one more night. However, all of the hotels on the beach were booked. Knowing the area, we decided to look north to Anna Maria Island. I remembered that one of my co-workers really loved Tortuga Inn and so I called them. Alec was super-friendly and was able to secure one of their studios for us for the next day. We arrived and were greeted with the same friendliness. While getting our room ready, they had towels and chairs on the beach (which is directly across the street) for us to use until check-in, which was a plus! It would be nice if the city could put in a crosswalk of some type as traffic gets a little busy crossing that road. Time to head to the room - when I hear the word "studio" I usually think small. Not so here! A huge walk-in shower and bath area, full-size kitchen and spacious bed/sitting area awaited us. Immaculate and tastefully appointed, we wished we'd had more time to stay. The one small detail that could use updating would be the television. A little too small to see from the comfort of our bed at night. We are definitely looking forward to a return trip!

Room Tip: The first floor rooms have semi-private, fenced courtyards. However, we were perfectly happy with o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oot&Aboot
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This resort is a gem! Beautiful views, the rooms are lovely and the décor is first class. Very nice location with casual restaurants within walking distance. From the staff to the guests everyone is friendly and cordial. I was there twice, once in May and once in October and plan on making it at least a yearly visit. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bay, in the back with private pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Spotless clean rooms and everything you need and across road crystal blue waters and White sand, very friendly staff, I booked after spending a day there and wanting to stay somewhere to have another day at the beach the following day they were most helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gregg C
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I would highly recommend Tortuga to everyone. Absolutely beautiful property amazing staff and some of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. Spent the days on the beach watching the dolphins showing off and shelling. Comfortable beds. My husband and I have stayed here twice in the past two months.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cttraveler02
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family and our two little dogs had a wonderful time at Tortuga. We stayed in a 2 bedroom with a closed in patio which was great for our pet. The rooms were surprising up to date in decor (very cute and clean) and the resort has lush tropical plants which kept us cool when were not at the beach. The beach was just a few steps away with beautiful trees, white sands, and lovely blue water. And the employees were very friendly and helpful. We can not wait to go back next year!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
#5 of 9 in Bradenton Beach
Tradewinds Beach Resort
Tradewinds Beach Resort
#4 of 9 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Tortuga Beach Resort? Share your experiences!