We stayed here spring break 2013 and had a great time! The folks at the desk were always in a good mood (they work at the beach though, so....) It's a very clean, beautiful, and well-kept property in a convenient location. They give the option of no housekeeping to save money. We did this but our youngest got sick the first night and they graciously changed out our bed sheets gratis. They have free laundry for guests so you can clean your own towels as needed (dryers are slow but what are you going to do?). You don't have to bring beach towels because they give you tokens for one set of beach towels each day.
The pool was heated and our daughters loved it. It can get a bit crowded with spring break but never unworkable. They have a bin of toys and a cabana boy standing by with cool drinks and towels. They only ran low on beach chairs once that I can recall because it was too cool and windy to go to the beach.
The resort is across the main road from the beach. This does have fairly constant traffic during spring break but cars stop to let you cross. There's a free bus running the length of the island and there's a bike lane on either side of the road. The beach is clean and the Inn provides plenty of lounge chairs (the poor staff has to drag them back near the road and stack them each night). The sand varies from soft flour to broken shells but its a lovely wide beach with a lot of shallow water and mild waves just big enough to give kids their first taste of body surfing. There is an outfit offering water toy rentals right there. Shelling isn't great but what was on offer got our 9 year old excited.
The island is small so the inn is convenient to most everything you could need. There's little need to leave the island and you're better off staying on it because during spring break the backups to cross the causeway are loooong.
The staff worked very hard to keep guests happy. We didn't have housekeeping but they were busy as bees everywhere else keeping things looking great. For some reason the TV (full cable) got stuck in the on position so they brought in a brand new TV the next day.
We did have a couple of minor complaints. For the first 3-4 days the wifi had a horribly weak signal, dropping constantly and basically unusable. Then i think someone realized a router/repeater was offline and it improved considerably. So if you have a bad signal check at the desk and see if it can be improved. The other issue is it got a bit hot at night for sleeping. We didn't get enough breeze and couldn't work out the cooling system, but it wasn't bad enough for us to try super hard, either!
All in all a great place, a great stay, and a lot of people working hard to ensure you have a happy and carefree time on vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect beach-to-bay resort on Florida's unspoiled Ann Maria Island. Tortuga Beach Resort offers a wide range of truly fabulous vacation rentals, many with Gulf or Bay views, plus a private white sand beach just across the street, three heated pools, pet friendly, and a 14-slip boat dock. Enjoy our new Le Petit Cafe and Tortuga Gift Shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Tortuga Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tortuga Inn & Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Tortuga Inn And Beach Resort
- Tortuga Hotel Beach
- Tortuga Motel Beach
- Tortuga Inn Beach Resort
- Tortuga Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL