“Christmas 2012”

Tortuga Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was our 2nd Christmas on AMI at the Tortuga Inn. We spontaneous decided to head south again before Christmas. We called them and they had a unit that fit our needs exactly. I am very picky about my accommodations....very clean, well-appointed, up-to-date, full kitchen, baths, etc. Two of the little things that I like are that the units we have stayed in (Bayside and Garden Deluxe Apt) are really well lit throughout the unit from overhead to lamps and all the light switches are marked as to what turns on what.....I hate constantly figuring out what switch does what and by the time you leave you finely have it figured out. You can have maid service or choose not too depending on the length of your stay. We had it included but did use it and everyday, they respected our privacy, and left clean towels, kitchen necessities and took the trash. My husband wants a place that offers the "one-stop" entertainment for our kids ranging in age from 10-17 when we aren't out doing something and the Tortuga offers that too...2 pools, the beach on the Gulf side and the boat dock to fish to your heart's desire on the Bay side. We saw dolphins everyday either Gulf side or bayside. My kids hopped from beach, to pool to dock, catching everything from redfish to grouper to puffer fish and many more. There is a beautiful Blue Heron that lives in the area and came over every time they fished to get in on the bait. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The parking is accommodating for big SUV's (not all places are). We will return in 2013.

Room Tip: The Garden Rooms are in a 2 story building with an open middle that has a pool. You can hear the pe...
3  Thank ruischster

Reviewed December 28, 2012

December 2012 my son was married on Anna Maria Island and we chose the Tortuga as the hotel for the wedding party and guests. We had an amazing experience. The staff was friendly, accomodating and extremelly helpful. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery of the property as well as the well appointed, clean, and well upkept rooms and suites. We had the opportunity to see many of the different accomodations since we had so many people at the Inn and each stayed in different buildings on the property. As a business traveler that spends more than 100 nights a year in hotels, I have to give this property one of the highest ratings. Staying here will make you smile and feel that you you got an excellent value!!! P.S. Make sure to try the crepes!!!...I I would cook breakfast for myself until I tasted the food....DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Room Tip: As I stated I was in many of the suites. I would stay in any one of them again....and plan too!!
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were staying at the Tortuga Beach Resort to attend a December wedding on Anna Maria Island. We had the room overlooking the bay and watched the sunrise from our room every morning. It was absolutely beautiful and incredible. Our room was clean and really, really nice. We would ask for this room again. Overall, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were able to accommodate all of our needs/requests. Loved the overall ambiance of the resort. The beach is right across the street and was great! We would definitely recommend to others and will stay there again when we come down to visit family.

Room Tip: The sunrise from the room (256) overlooking the bay is incredible.
2  Thank Debra G
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Of all the hotels I called this was the first one that answered with a live person who was more than willing to help and didn't seem to think I was a bother with all my questions! Beverley listened to my needs, made a couple of suggestions, and they were perfect! Everyone there was friendly and accommodating! location was perfect and rooms were clean and laid out nicely. I will definitely return!

Room Tip: A room near the front pool is ideal
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was on Anna Maria Island for a wedding this December and decided to make it a vacation. I loved the tortuga, my room was nice and clean. The staff was great. The beach is a walk across the street. I utilized the free trolley for transportation all over the island. I hope I can come back soon.

Room Tip: my single room had plenty of space.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Only stayed one night but I would not return. We were offered three rooms and given keys to choose. One room was occupied already and a man laid on the bed, one room we couldnt find so we ended up in the last one! Beach is quite handy across a busy road. Rooms are very crowded and enclosed without views. But the staff were pleasant and helpful.

We stayed in October when it was not busy so I would hate to be there in high season. If you are staying in the area a while I think it is better value to rent for a week at Runaway Bay condos down the road which is far more spacious and a nicer pool.

I do not think I would return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

What a wonderful, quaint hotel. When we pulled up I felt like I was driving into Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville, very tropical. I got excited the minute I saw it. We were only there from Friday-Sunday for a wedding, wish we could of stayed longer. All of the staff were exceptional. everything from our check in, telling us a bit about the island to our check out, which they were absolutley wonderful, our flight was delayed 5 hours and they definelty took care of us. Our room was gorgeous, we had the 2 bed/2 bath garden apartment, we have 2 teenage girls so we need the room and the price was great, It was decorated beautifully and very clean, we ended up with 2 extra kids our second night, but no problem because the couch in the living room was a pullout, easy peasy. The island itself is absolutley adorable and can;t wait to get back to experience more of it.

Room Tip: If you don;t need the extra bathroom, the 2 bedroom, 1 bath is fine for a families 5-6, the couch al...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton Beach
#4 of 9 in Bradenton Beach
Queen's Gate Resort
Queen's Gate Resort
#5 of 9 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Tortuga Beach Resort? Share your experiences!