“Quaint, welcoming and great food”
Review of Blue Marlin Grill

Blue Marlin Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Marlin Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tele: 914-896-9737. Best food on Anna Marie Island.
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Fantastic setting in vintage cottage. Staff are outgoing and friendly. Recently had two dinners there while on vacation. Good wine list. Food was excellent. Great variety and some interesting differences. Apps were outstanding (Cortez cracker shrimp and lobster tail tempura) and mains from shrimp and grits (as good as I had last year while on vacation in the Carolinas) to various fish preparations were really good. Great specials and truly fresh fish. Really appreciated that they offer smaller portions as well. Wouldn't hesitate to go back or to recommend to others. Best restaurant meal we had while on AMI.

1  Thank 3Thirstytravellers
There are newer reviews for Blue Marlin Grill

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I am a local and this has been one of our favorite special occasion restaurants, as we aren't able to afford to eat here on a regular basis. This has also been one of the first places I recommend to people visiting who are looking for a nicer dinner. We hadn't been here for over a year and went for a Mother's Day dinner last week. The service was very friendly and prompt, the atmosphere was relaxing and enjoyable, the drink selection was good, but the food quality has really dropped off since my last visit. We were very disappointed and the prices are high enough that my expectations were higher as well. 3 of us spent ~$150 before tip and I am sorry to say the value isn't there. I am sad to write this review, but I can no longer recommend this place as one of my favorites in the area because the food was not good. The fresh fish was fried, which we weren't expecting, the soup did not taste fresh, the scallops risotto had a bitter, fishy taste, even the dessert did not taste like it was freshly made. Very disappointing, I am sorry to say. I think I would return for live music outside on the patio with drinks, but not again for the food unless I hear something has drastically changed.

4  Thank wallamercedes
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This cottage is a gem! I have been here maybe 10 times and it is consistently offers clean & tasty food. The atmosphere is fantastic for casual dining and for not being on the water, it is a nautical slice of fun! I think I would lean more toward couples, business, friends, but not really a family restaurant w lots or toddler aged children unless you eat out side and have non curious/active kids! Awesome family owned makes it even better. Check their website for hours- it seems to vary depending on season & holidays.

3  Thank lisa b
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We strolled down Bridge Street on a Sunday evening and noticed the Blue Marlin was full of patrons while the other restaurants had one or two tables occupied. We thought this was a place everyone knew was very good. We looked and found very positive reviews so we went there the next evening. The decor was a relaxed fishing theme. The restaurant is separated into little rooms. The room we dined in had lots of framed pictures.

Our waitress Devon was very perky and friendly. Devon served us edamame to start (complimentary). They were very good. We started with the Cortez shrimp which is the appetizer. It was delicious and served with chipotle mayonnaise. My husband loved the sauce so much he dipped the edamame in it.

Hubby ordered the shrimp and grits and I the red snapper Fulford. All was delicious and very fresh tasting. I ordered the side dish of sprouts. It's Brussels sprouts, potatoes and bacon(?). All was delicious but the salt was a bit heavy on the sprouts. We didn't have dessert. We were full and we both ordered the smaller option ( some entries offer a small and large plate).

It was nice to go to a place where everything was made there and fresh.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Outdoor seating; gorgeous evening; perfect seafood; reservations accepted and honored.
Good service though not the most professional. We didn't expect a serious wine list in a resort town like this so no surprise there.