“Our best meal on the island!”
Review of Blue Marlin Grill

Blue Marlin Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Marlin Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tele: 914-896-9737. Best food on Anna Marie Island.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wow!! This place is great! My husband had the grouper and I had the shrimp and grits. It was all wonderful!

1  Thank RandKS

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The 2 meals that my husband and I enjoyed at the Blue Marlin Grill were not only created by talented chefs, they were prepared with creativity and a great deal of love.

This was our third trip to Anna Maria Island and we hope that nothing at all changes at the Blue Marlin between now and our fourth visit! From the moment that we stepped into the beautifully decorated cottage and were greeted by the owner and staff, we knew this was going to be the place for us.
Our server, Ally, was fantastic, helping us to choose dishes as well as wines that would pair nicely with them. What a jewel she is!

I could go on and on about the food, but all I will say is DO NOT LEAVE AMI WITHOUT EATING HERE! The shrimp and grits are out of this world, the garlic steamed clams and heavenly broth should be trademarked, and you can't go wrong with the fish of the day which is prepared perfectly every time. Oh, and the Guiness Chocolate Cake...well, let's just say that I had to steal the plate away from my husband before he licked it clean.

There was a fantastic band playing one of the two nights we were there and we stayed a bit too long listening to them, missing the last trolley. After our great dinner and a few glasses of wine, the walk back to the condo was actually not such a bad thing.

We will be dreaming of our meals at Blue Marlin Grill and the lovable staff until our next visit to AMI.

1  Thank pbjandthou
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Bravo !! Consistently superb meal. The staff is not only pleasant and unobtrusevly attendant but knowledge in meal preparation, a true bonus. Always a pleasure - a true treasure.

1  Thank hank605
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Read the reviews and put this on our list of places to go. 2nd time to the island and we wanted to try some new spots. My husband ordered the special, smoked chicken wings, and he said they were good. I ordered the shrimp and grits and they were very good...BUT...the tail and partial shell were still attached. The shrimp wasn't exactly in a sauce but in the grits it was difficult to cut the tail and shell off and separate it. I thought the flavor was really, really good but kept getting bites of shell. I am good with peel and eat of course, but not in a hot dish. Also thought it was a little unusual to have edamame as a starter to our meal. Service was excellent but I don't think I can give it the same raves as everyone else. For the money, I would go back to either Waterfront or Beach Bistro.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went to the Blue Marlin with a group of 8 on a Sunday night. Staff was friendly, atmosphere casual, noise level acceptable (we sat indoors due to threat of Tstorms). Food was VERY good. Two of us had the boil, which was fantastic. Comments by others indicated their selections were also scrumptious. There was a reasonably extensive wine and beer list too. And prices were very fair given the quantity of food and the attention we received from staff. I would return there!