“Lovely resort, good location and service”

Tradewinds Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Stayed there 2 nights with spouse, brother in law and uncle in law in 2-bedroom suite and father in law in a nearby 1-bedroom. Suites are nicely decorated, well laid out, with comfortable beds and nice furniture. Very nice veranda and view of bay from 2-bedroom. Most units face the parking area, which is really nicely landscaped and feels more like a lane than a lot. Was low-season though, might feel different full of cars. There are nice porches with ivy and the units are grouped in three's, with landscaped space in between. The pool area is spacious and nicely landscaped, on the bay with a pier for good fishing or viewing the bay. The water in the pool was perfect. Access to the gulf beach is just across the road and the beach is awesome - wide, long, beautiful. There are fair restaurants in walking distance and plenty of options within a short drive. The service was friendly, reasonable and helpful. A very comfortable, attractive place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Tradewinds Beach Resort

Reviewed October 26, 2010

Booked the 2 bed 2 bath (both en suite) unit (number 23) for three nights (plus fourth night free) and found the unit huge and spotlessly clean with all the facilities you could need for a short or long term stay. Spent lovely evenings with glass in hand on the enormous, private verandah overlooking the intracoastal waterway. Located right next to the pool, just in case you tired of the beach, the setting was perfect. No hesitation in recommending this location, indeed we are already planning next year's stay. Very good eateries within walking distance if required.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank jandma
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Everything was just wonderful. Very clean and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on! The staff was awesome very professional.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank edge015
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The best thing I can say about Tradewinds is that it is even better than the beautiful pictures on its website. Perfect location between the bay and the Gulf of Mexico, lovely island with no high rises and chains. Everything you need for a peaceful, romantic, wonderful vacation.

Anna Maria Island has 3 towns (Anna Maria, Bradenton Beach, and Holmes Beach). It is a perfect, idyllic setting with pristine water and clean, clean, clean beaches.

The villas are small, but do contain a separate bedroom and living area/kitchen. Just perfect

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We were lucky enough to discover this place over Labor Day weekend!
The cottages are in the middle of the Bay and the Beach.
Our unit was close to the pool which we greatly enjoyed on one of Florida's hottest days.
Being Natives, we have visited every part of this state and I seem to be on an endless search for the place that meets all of our criteria. I think we found it!

Beach - just a few minutes walk to the world's best beach! - BLUE AND CALM!
Pool - right out the front door - HEATED AND NICE!
Fishing - Dock just past the pool - WE SAW DOLPHINS!!
Family - each cottage has a private BBQ/picnic area
Staff - NICE PEOPLE!!! They let us enjoy the facilities before we checked in :)
Convenience - Trolley stop at the resort to take you anywhere! Don't drive, just ride
Nearby - Restaurants, shopping, music - all 2 trolley stops away
Rooms - Everything you need! Nice rooms, comfy bed, Sofa bed is actually painless.
Peaceful & Relaxing - even on a holiday weekend. it was not crowded or noisy! with the exception of our 2 yr old thinking she owned the place (sorry) Very quiet !
Yes- we were the ones in the pool until 10 pm, swmming with the obnoxious 2.5 yr old singing ring a round the rosie...thats how we party!
Kid Friendly - Toddler was happy! Front desk has free movies! and books :)

This was a last minute- Girls getaway, so our group consisted of ages, 2, 21, 23, 43 and 52 - me, my daughters, my grandbrat and my best friend. (I needed a medical escape)

The girls slept in the oversized bed with the baby and me and my friend slept on the sofa bed. Our room was an end unit with the breakfast bar. I think some rooms are a little bigger than the others. (Ask if you have more than 2 people) Ours was perfect.

The only thing I would change is you cant get to the dock once the pool closes, If my husband goes next time, he likes to fish all night. Other than that - PERFECT
I must admit of all the places we have stayed- this one is the best!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2010

My husband and I traveled here for pleasure from 9-16 to 9-20 with our two year old son, Jack. We had a lovely, relaxing vacation at this adorable hotel. It was very welcoming and SUPER CLEAN.

We rented South Cottage #24 (1 br/1 bth) and it was really very charming - SMALL, but charming. In fact, its size is one of the only things I can honestly say I would change about it, except for maybe the air conditioning units. The kitchen and bathroom were quite spacious with lots of storage and all of the comforts of home; however, the bedroom was very small as nearly the entire room was consumed by the queen bed. Having said that, though, we managed to fit our son's pack 'n play at the foot of the bed with no trouble (we brought our own with us, but the hotel does offer PNP's for $10 per night) and he slept quite well. The living area was small, as well, but fine for our needs.

There were two wall mounted air conditioning units that definitely kept the place cool. As a light sleeper, though, I found them to be somewhat bothersome since they were loud, but they did not seem to bother my husband. To get around that, at night, I turned off the window unit in the bedroom and cranked the air down on the kitchen/living area unit (right outside the bedroom), so I didn’t have to listen to it. That unit did the job well, but I think quieter units are in order!

We had a lovely view of the bay from the side window in the sitting area and we were located right next to the pool, but just far enough not to have to be concerned about potential noise from other guests (which was never an issue, anyway). Also close to us was the ice machine, laundry facilities (a nice plus, although we didn't use them) and a quaint grilling area (if you like to cook while on vacation ;) )

The on-property pier was fantastic!!! It was a long pier, very clean and it provided a lovely view of the bay. My little guy loved running around out there and because it was designed well, with railings on all sides, and gates, I was able to let him roam freely with no worries. HE LOVED THAT! We all also enjoyed watching the fish jump around out there. We hoped to enjoy a manatee sighting, but no luck, for us. Maybe next time.

Tradewinds Resort is in a wonderful location. It sits on the bay, although most rooms do NOT have a view, because it runs lengthwise from the street side to the bay, not along the bay. Across the street, though, about 3 minutes walking distance, is the Gulf. You can’t beat that, especially for the price!

We happened to plan to go just as the rates were dropping. We got a fantastic deal – buy two nights and get one free. Our room averaged out to just $115/night! I challenge someone to find a deal like THAT, at a place like THAT, with a location like THAT. :)

We’ll surely be back!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The Tradewinds Resort on Anna Maria Island is a 5 Star resort. The service is excellent. The Ambiance is Excellent. The staff is excellent. This resort is is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the Island. The location is central to all of the shops and restaurants. It is located on the beach. The facility is immaculate and the staff is there to please. It is the perfect place to relax.

My husband and I stay at the Tradewinds Resort every year for our Anniversary. We would not think of staying anyplace else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
#5 of 11 in Bradenton Beach
Tortuga Beach Resort
Tortuga Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Tradewinds Beach Resort? Share your experiences!