We stayed at the Tradewinds on AMI for 2 nights this past week. We wanted a true 'Island' experience and we felt the Tradewinds gave us just that. Check in was quick and the gentleman checking us in was a hoot, all while giving us the essential information of the resort. The resort is basically two rows of duplex/triplex buildings facing each other with a lane and parking in between. Grounds are very pretty. Parking was ample and it was SO nice to just back up right by our villa to unload/load our stuff. The villa itself was clean (albeit on the small side and a tad worn but by no means shot) and contained a small kitchen with essentials that one might need for a multi night stay. The king bed was comfortable. The bathroom is small and the showerhead and pressure was average at best. Our 3 year old had to use the couch bed and while it was ok for a lightweight like her, it would be very uncomfortable for an adult with bars and springs easily felt. We did not use the pool due to rainstorms and cooler weather at the time we were there, but it looked inviting. We did like walking out on the resort's dock and Gulf beach access is pretty close and easily walk-able.
The resort was priced at $200/nt when we stayed there, which is high end but not unlike any other decent resort you would find on AMI.
So all in all, this is a pretty good place and a quintessential old fashioned island resort experience. If you want a Hilton or Marriott beach-side, choose another island you wont find them on AMI. Choose the Tradewinds for a resort that fits its locale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private street of dreams in a charming old Florida beach resort. quaint Tradewinds Beach Resort, which shares the sweeping Tortuga beach, is quaint with pastel cottages that end at a fishing dock and a heated pool right on Sarasota Bay. We are pet friendly! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Tradewinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Tradewinds Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL