First, don't let the photos fool you. There are no "separate little cottages" as shown on the website.
All are duplex or triplex, so less private, and ours had no cute little porch, just a cement stoop.
We had a lovely German couple sharing our duplex with an infant. Unfortunately, we could easily hear the child's cries. Interiors clean, but nothing special. I did have to deal with some ants.
Our "King" bed was just two twins pushed together which the linens could not properly make comfortable. This is just another "old Florida" hotel, and that is what you should expect when you arrive.
But the location was good. The closest beach access did not belong to the hotel, so you have to walk an extra block to cross the dune and get a lounge chair from their sister hotel, the Tortuga Inn. None are provided by the Tradewinds.
We will not go back as we did not find it to be a value or a good fit for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private street of dreams in a charming old Florida beach resort. quaint Tradewinds Beach Resort, which shares the sweeping Tortuga beach, is quaint with pastel cottages that end at a fishing dock and a heated pool right on Sarasota Bay. We are pet friendly! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Tradewinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Tradewinds Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL