“Beautifully location overlooking a bay on a pier.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rotten Ralph's - CLOSED

Rotten Ralph's
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Monroe, New York
“Beautifully location overlooking a bay on a pier.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Location, location , location. Situated on a pier overlooking the water. Food was average. I had fish & chips. Just ordinary. My dinner mate had a burger with fries and again just ok. I have friends who live in the area so we might stop by for a beer and a burger. Again it would be the setting that brought me back. Just so pretty.

Sarasota, Florida
“At least the view was great!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Since we are purchasing a home in the area, we decided to try one of Anna Maria Island's landmarks, Rotten Ralph's on the Pier.

We arrived there at lunchtime and were surprised to find only a small crowd assembled in the outdoor seating area of the restaurant. My partner (who is always hungry!) decided to order one of the daily specials featured on the message board at the entrance.

Our server was efficient but not very friendly as we tried to ask a few questions about the restaurant's history, etc. We placed our order which was delivered in just a few minutes.

What arrived was the Shrimp Wrap with fries. The shrimp were plentiful, but devoid of any real flavor. The wrap was also tasteless. My partner pronounced the fries "good" but definitely on the greasy side.

Don't think we'll hurry back for lunch but the locals say it's great for breakfast. We'll definitely give that a try soon.

Repentigny, Canada
“Good fish and chips”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you like deep fried food, the fish and chips is for you. Good portion, fresh and cooked to perfection. My wife had the Rotten seafood au gratin and it was too cheesy, salty and tasted like it was coming out of a frozen food package from the grocery store. Not impressive. This restaurant could be a knock out if the owner would take advantage of its location. By the water, surrounded by large windows with a patio area where you can enjoy eating outside. But the interior is old and unappealing, no decor, no atmosphere and picnic tables outside. Wow! We were there at noon time during the week on a wednesday and the place was almost empty. No wonder why.
Yves T.

Palmetto, Florida, United States
“A big disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had been to Rotten Ralph's about 10 years ago. It was a little hole in the wall but the atmosphere & food were very good. That location closed about a year ago so we went to the other location tonight & were very disappointed. First, the bar is gone, now serving just beer & wine. This location is a huge room with no atmosphere & the food was mediochore. I had a glass of Merlot which is served at room temperature however this wine was actualy luke warm. The London Fish & Chips were not like anything I ever had in London. My partner was not impressed with the Wings, our friend did not care for the Crab Cake but his wife did like the Clam Strips. All in all we were disappointed & probably will not retourn.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Visited Rotten Ralph's and loved it. Great atmosphere, and really good food. My son and I went for the all you can eat fish and chips, the signature item at Ralph's. My wife had the shrimp Alfredo pasta, the pasta serving was huge. Service was excellent, prices were very reasonable. Highly recommend to families!