“Food and view are amazing, service: not so great!”
Review of Rotten Ralph's - CLOSED

Rotten Ralph's
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We just spent 6 days on Anna Maria island, and an amazing trip! Almost everywhere we went was awesome, and the people extremely friendly and welcoming! Rotten Ralph's, the food was awesome, the view was absolutely amazing, but we went 2 mornings in a row for breakfast, had 2 different servers, and both of them were less than friendly. :( that's so sad, because this place is awesome, and these people should feel soooo lucky to work in such a beautiful place!

2  Thank Carebearnicole

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This makes the third trip in 9 years that we have made to Bradenton Beach and we finally tried this restaurant this time. We are so very glad we did! It's located on the Historic Bridge, by the water/bay and has beautiful scenery as well as food is so delicious.
They have awesome - and I mean AWESOME - fish and chips - all you can eat - all day, any day for $10.
The fish are not small portions either - it's like having a fisherman catch, filet and then cook the fish for you. Best seafood we had down there.
Absolutely our favorite restaurant while on Anna Maria Island. If I lived there, I'd be asking to go there once a week!

2  Thank beachbound2east
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We arrived for an early dinner in October 2012. We sat on the rear deck and had a great view of the water, boats and draw bridge. Seating was comfortable but not fancy, dining area did appear to be clean. Our service was slow but they did get things right and were very friendly.

My main issue with this place is the quality of food and the price they charge for it. I ordered some kind of sauted seafood platter which cost 25.00. For my 25.00 I got one piece of grouper, several TINY scallops and 4 shrimp. My two sides consisted of one very small lump of rice and a small bowl of mixed vegetables that were frozen and re heated. For an additional 5.00 I ordered a salad that was very small and the lettuce was smashed down as if it had been pre made and stacked in the fridge. The fish was cooked correctly but was somewhat bland and lacked tasted. The salad was o.k. but small. No fresh bread or rolls were offered. So I paid 30.00, left a little hungry and was not satisfied.

My wife ordered some kind of shrimp salad and she didn't fare too much better. Our total bill was 50.00, we didn't order any alcohol and that didn't include the tip. We both walked out of there wanting a little more to eat. Maybe if they had offered a roll or two.

There are far better choices in this area, my advice is to avoid this restaurant.

1  Thank trav115
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Very disappointed after build up reviews. Location great but no atmosphere and service not that good. Very basic interior. Good prices though.

1  Thank JaneAnneB
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were shocked to discover the old Rotten Ralph's has been closed but their location at Bradenton Historic Pier is alive and kicking and serving the lost amazing Fish and Chips,also their Clam Chowder is the best of the best...do try. The views are excellent and a wonderful location and light during sunset.

1  Thank nmcclu315