“Just what I wanted”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Just what I wanted”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

When you sail on Anna Maria Sailing, you get the real thing. A real working sailboat, as many drinks as you want, and a captain who enjoys his job. This is not a martini-with-your-pinky-out kind of sailing. It’s a flip-flop-if-shoes-at-all kind of experience. No pretense, just the love of a boat and the wind. Originally from Cuba, Capt. Octavio Utrera has been running Anna Maria Sailing for four years. He is quick with a joke, enjoys teasing, and has a knack for reading what his customers want. I am a solo traveler and always looking for experiences that are unique and not the typical tourist trap. That's what you get with Anna Maria Sailing. Capt. Octavio is a confident sailor - you feel that and it allows you to sit back and enjoy. He is also very generous with the helm - will offer guidance to anyone who wants to learn. I took the sunset sailing - the seas were significant, the sky beautiful, and for $40 bucks - I made a memory. Can you ask for more? If you are looking for a posh experience - keep looking. But if you love the water, want to be part of the experience and take your shoes off - sail with Anna Maria Sailing Adventures.

Visited October 2011
15 Thank AmandaEsteroFL

Atlanta, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wow -- what a view!`”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

The parasailing group at the bridge going in or out of Anna Maria Island are great. They take you up, up, up, and go around the island. Very smooth ride. We are heavy folks, but they had no problem getting us in the air.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank fieldschild
Marco Island, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Such a beautiful and relaxing day!”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My girlfriend and I heard about Anna Maria Sailing online and after hearing the price we coudln't resist. We went on the 10am boat road and it was amazing- such a relaxing trip- saw tons of dolphins, jumped off the boat to cool down half way, and enjoyed a few beers and good music. The captain was so funny, helpful and respectful (as our tops both fell off when we jumped in!)- I would highly recommend this trip and can't wait to return to Anna Maria Island so I can go again!!

Visited September 2011
11 Thank AngMarco
pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC SAILING EXPERIENCE!!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Wow! What a fun morning! Captain Octavio Utrera showed us a wonderful time on his 34 foot sailboat. Not only is he an experienced captain (15+ years), he is delightful and funny. If you've never sailed I would recommend trying it with Octavio. Never once did we feel uncomfortable and it was a windy day. He knows how to treat his customers. Two of the men know how to sail and Octavio let them take turns sailing his boat under his guided watch. If you have experience sailing, don‘t hesitate to ask him. The best part is, the price is right! $30 per person for a half day. Check out his website for additional information and options for full-day, half-day and sunset cruises. I promise, you will not be disappointed. http://www.annamariasailing.com

Visited March 2011