“If you are really rich, stupid and like mediocre food, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!”
Review of Sharky's Seagrill

Sharky's Seagrill
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 26th St.
Transit: Anna Maria trolley service (free)
Description: Landmark Eatery est.1998- - Enjoy Freshest Seafood and Gourmet Specialties -Well stocked Bar, Imported Beers and Fine Wines -Upscale casual setting with emphases on Tasteful Cuisine and Caring Hospitality-It has been said that restaurant is a labor of love and it has been ours for nearly three decades-Award Wining Chef Anton & Wife Marie - Welcome You. Join us for an exceptional value of Fine fare and live entertainment for a memorable experience
Bradenton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed July 9, 2010

My husband and I went the Sharkey's tonight because I have been dying to try it out...Not a mistake I will make twice! The ambiance was okay, the service was average and according to our waitress, everything was an "excellent choice" leaving us to wonder if I had ordered bile on a stick, would that have been her reply? We got the food which was mediocre at best and the portions were sooo small...THEN CAME THE BILL! I can say with complete honesty that I have NEVER in my life been to such a RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED (for what you actually got) restaurant in my life! It looks like a fun cool place on the outside, but the parking stinks, and I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone that I wanted to still keep as a friend!

1 Thank RDecker5926

Trinity, Florida
“Suprisingly wonderful”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We ate here last night, I had wonderfully fresh grilled fish, my husband had the seafood pasta which was also wonderful. The service was great, my two little girls were happy, and it was warm and cozy. Although I wasn't drinking, the bar looked fun too. I would go back anytime.

4 Thank fixitfirm
Holmes Beach, Florida
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed November 5, 2009

In my opinion the food here was a disappointment. The night we went there I ordered grouper which was very strong and stringy, not the way grouper should be. My girlfriend ordered a prime rib and it was greasy and mostly all fat. The service was fair but the atmosphere is dark and smells a bit mustey. I would not recommend a stop here.

3 Thank WalkerCuisine
USA
“Average”
Reviewed June 3, 2009

The food is average but for the price the food is disappointing. The server did a nice job considering the number of tables she was taking care of.

2 Thank CAPTIVASUNSET
Sarasota, Florida
“Overpriced, dull and dark”
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I have to second the reviews that noted how slow 'happy hour' can be, how dark and dull this restaurant is, and how indifferent the food. And add to other reviews that Sharky's prices are a bit outrageous. $18 for a basic pasta and red sauce dish, $25 for a mixed grill of fish, appetitizers equally high-priced, and the overall quality just so-so. Plus, no fresh grouper - a specialty of this area - led us to the conclusion that Sharky's doesn't take advantage of local fresh Gulf fish. So what's the attraction? Basically, it's one of the few restaurants along the Bradenton Beach strip, which is not known for reasonably-priced, high-quality and inventive seafood with only one or two exceptions.

2 Thank Riverdale