“Suprisingly wonderful”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 26th St.
Transit: Anna Maria trolley service (free)
Description: Landmark Eatery est.1998- - Enjoy Freshest Seafood and Gourmet Specialties -Well stocked Bar, Imported Beers and Fine Wines -Upscale casual setting with emphases on Tasteful Cuisine and Caring Hospitality-It has been said that restaurant is a labor of love and it has been ours for nearly three decades-Award Wining Chef Anton & Wife Marie - Welcome You. Join us for an exceptional value of Fine fare and live entertainment for a memorable experience
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We ate here last night, I had wonderfully fresh grilled fish, my husband had the seafood pasta which was also wonderful. The service was great, my two little girls were happy, and it was warm and cozy. Although I wasn't drinking, the bar looked fun too. I would go back anytime.

4  Thank fixitfirm

Reviewed November 5, 2009

In my opinion the food here was a disappointment. The night we went there I ordered grouper which was very strong and stringy, not the way grouper should be. My girlfriend ordered a prime rib and it was greasy and mostly all fat. The service was fair but the atmosphere is dark and smells a bit mustey. I would not recommend a stop here.

3  Thank WalkerCuisine
Reviewed June 3, 2009

The food is average but for the price the food is disappointing. The server did a nice job considering the number of tables she was taking care of.

2  Thank CAPTIVASUNSET
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I have to second the reviews that noted how slow 'happy hour' can be, how dark and dull this restaurant is, and how indifferent the food. And add to other reviews that Sharky's prices are a bit outrageous. $18 for a basic pasta and red sauce dish, $25 for a mixed grill of fish, appetitizers equally high-priced, and the overall quality just so-so. Plus, no fresh grouper - a specialty of this area - led us to the conclusion that Sharky's doesn't take advantage of local fresh Gulf fish. So what's the attraction? Basically, it's one of the few restaurants along the Bradenton Beach strip, which is not known for reasonably-priced, high-quality and inventive seafood with only one or two exceptions.

2  Thank Riverdale
Reviewed January 31, 2009

When we saw Sharky's on a promotional map, we surmised that it would be a similar experience to Sharky's in Venice where relatives had taken us during our March 2005 vacation. Our mistake! This spot was as dark and lifeless last Monday evening as Sharky's had been sunny and buzzing with activity and fun four years ago.
To its credit, our server was personable and competent, and my husband liked his seafood chowder and calamari. My grouper sandwich, however, was fairly mediocre, and no substitution was allowed for the fries that came with it.
Our second mistake was in succumbing to the server's tempting-looking tray of desserts brought to our table. We picked the Peanut Butter Blast to share. Such a disappointment...overly sweet with no particular taste of peanut butter or chocolate.

3  Thank Pat_Picks