My husband and I had stayed at Dream Inn once in 2011, & felt the place was o.k. For the low price, you forfeit the luxuries and cleanliness of other places, but still enjoy being right on the beach.
A year later, we decided to come back & bring some extended family including my father who is suffering from diabetes and stage four cancer, who needed to “get away” for a bit. In the end, the place had gone so far downhill, we all wished we’d never come at all.
We read another review afterwards that mentions the same large drain hole that our room had (room 108). It’s in the middle of the floor next to the bed covered with the thin room carpeting. Not sure how many rooms have this. Anyway, my dad tripped and fell on this in the middle of the second night, hurting himself and skinning his knee.
We reported the incident to Alisa (the manager) so they would hopefully fix it for future occupants, but unfortunately for Dad, after the fall he found it too difficult to walk up & downstairs, so he remained in the room for the rest of the stay, looking at the beach from the window.
To add insult to injury….
We thought the owners or management might offer to compensate our bill a little for our misery due to the hazards in their room, but, even after showing Alisa pictures of the hole and Dad’s knee, (see link below) we waited a month for a response. She refused to give us the owners contact info, and after numerous calls and messages, we got nowhere. In the end, all Alisa would offer was an apology and 20% discount off our NEXT stay. Really? This is similar to the discounts they already offer on their Facebook page. So basically it was, “we got your money, and your problem is not our problem.”
Honestly, the place needs a lot of repair, and a lot more attention to cleanliness. But their outrageous indifference to paying customers is really the most intolerable part, and is the main reason we will never return and that we are posting this review.
Overall, the disappointments of this place were:
1. Wi-Fi does not work in the room. You have to be around the pool area to get a steady connection.
2. Towels – you should bring your own. The management provides very few.
3. Kitchen appliances and cookware are old and dirty. Fortunately, we remembered to bring our own pans
4. Apartment was not very clean, and honestly my husband and I were a little embarrassed in front of my parents and sister that we’d brought them here.
5. Bathroom wall tiles falling out everywhere, even large holes in the drywall where moisture had caused rot. I couldn’t help but to imagine what might be crawling in and out while we slept.
6. Shoddy, poorly executed renovations/construction. As I mentioned above, there is the covered hole in the floor next to the bed. This was probably the old sewage line connection that was moved about 2’ away into the adjacent wall. I know it’s there now because at night when you’re trying to sleep, you can hear (very clearly) the flushing toilet water from the upstairs apartment rushing down that wall beside you. It’s a very lovely noise, and even better when the upstairs occupants need to make several flushes to get it all down!
It’s a shame that so many seem unaware that one of the key determinants to success or failure of a business is customer satisfaction.
If you want to see the photos, I put them here:
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront property on beautiful Anna Maria Island - Sunsets, Surf and Relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Anna Maria Island Dream Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anna Maria Island Dream Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Anna Maria Island Dream Inn Bradenton Beach, FL