My family has just returned from a great week on Bradenton Beach. This was our first visit to Anna Maria Island and we were pleased with our choice. We were in unit #1 at the Sand Pebble. This is the upstairs unit. This condo is right on the beach. The unit was very comfortable and well furnished. Earlier reviews of this hotel complained about leaks and spartan furnishings, but we did just fine. The kitchen is not gourmet-chef ready, but was sufficient. Besides - who wants to cook on vacation! I wouldn't plan to have an adult sleep on the fold out all week, it is not comfortable. The new web site gives good pictures of the unit.
As for the island, we found food to be in the expensive range. The local Publix is well stocked, but crowded. Restaurants we tried included the Sunhouse (expensive but good food), Shell ( similar to Red Lobster - great service), Sharky's - (pub like atmosphere OK food) - Rotten Ralph's (very basic and overrated) - Hurricane Hank's (bar food, crowded atmosphere.)
One note - we booked a boat tour with Captain Kim and she was a no show. This messed up one day of the trip. I have not heard why she didn't show up and she didn't return my phone calls.
I have to say overall this is a charming place. Everyone we asked for assistance was helpful. I was impressed by how tolerant the locals were of all of us tourists descending on their little piece of heaven! Thanks for sharing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anna Maria Island Inn is located in the heart of Anna Maria Island in the cozy community of Bradenton Beach. The Island spans 7 miles of uncrowded, white, sugar-sand beaches on the vibrant blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico. From Anna Maria Island Inn’s private beach, you can watch the dolphins that sometimes come within inches of the shore, you can marvel at the pelicans' impressive diving ability, and you might even catch a glimpse of one of hundreds of baby sea turtle hatchlings emerging from their nests to start their long journey over the sand to the Gulf waters. Anna Maria Island Inn offers several different accommodation options to suit your needs. We offer 2 Bedroom, 1 Bedroom, Studio, and Efficiency apartments; both direct beachfront and poolside. All units are clean, continually updated, nicely maintained, and furnished in a beachy, causal style. Most units have full kitchens, washers & dryers, and private patios or balconies; one unit even has its very own private pool. Our tiki huts, beach loungers, bbq grills, swimming pool, and many other features provide for a wonderful beach vacation. Anna Maria Island Inn really does have something for everyone! We look forward to having you stay with us. We have welcomed guests from all over the United States and the world. Visitors find Anna Maria Island to be a safe, friendly destination, an idyllic island on which to have a truly relaxing vacation. Relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of this friendly island, or visit various sites and attractions in the nearby Sarasota & Bradenton areas. This is an ideal base to jaunt to all the world-renowned Orlando area attractions, including Walt Disney World, just over 2 hours away; or to Tampa, including Busch Gardens, only 1 hour away by way of the stunning Skyway Bridge. Dining If you want to eat in your apartment, there are supermarkets nearby with fresh fruits, vegetables, salads, fresh meats and seafood at reasonable prices. If you prefer to eat out, you will find many different restaurants which serve everything from the typical American breakfast to delicious, locally caught seafood. There are casual restaurants as well as gourmet bistros, many just feet from the water's edge. Area Attractions • 2 hours from Orlando & The Magic Kingdom, SeaWorld, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios, Hollywood Studios, Discovery Cove, Legoland, as well as other area attractions. • 1 hour from Tampa & the million gallon Florida Aquarium, Sports Stadiums, the Busch Gardens 300 acre entertainment center with its spectacular rides - ranked one of the top wildlife centers in the world, LEGOLAND. • 30 minutes from St. Petersburg, home to the Salvador Dalí Museum, Morean Arts Center which includes a permanent Dale Chihuly collection, the historic Vinoy, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Florida Holocaust Museum, and Sunken Gardens • Myakka State Park has the world's largest airboat - see alligators, deer, wild hogs, armadillos and many other species of wildlife. • Marie Selby Botanical Gardens. See butterflies, hummingbirds and their world renowned orchid center. • Enjoy the museums, art galleries and the theaters of Sarasota. • Tour the islands by the Showboat paddle steamer, or rent a boat for the day and explore the waterways. • Visit the Pelican Man who saves and cares for hundreds of pelicans and stop at Mote Aquarium to see Florida sea life, sharks, many species of fish, turtles, and whales. • Experience Jungle Gardens which boasts lush areas of foliage which surround performing bird and reptile shows. Leisure activities nearby include, numerous watersports (shelling, para-sailing, jet & water skiing, fishing, boating, sailing, kayaking, diving, snorkeling, and the like), cycling, tennis, numerous gold courses, and many, many more… Or just laze on the beach and listen to the waves lapping on the sugar white sand, in this tropical paradise the choice is yours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anna Maria Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anna Maria Island Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Anna Maria Island Inn Bradenton Beach, FL