“Yikes!”

The Inn At Boynton Beach
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Boynton Beach
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Booked the hotel off of the internet. Looked ok but when I got here it was in a dodgy area and the rooms are gross. The carpet and bathroom floor are sticky. Don't come here!!!!!!! It is foar away from any thing and the other patrols look like drug dealers. I learned my lesson and got a more expensive room in Delray Beach. Additionaly nothing is within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2014
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn At Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your experience. We do apologize on the impression that our guests give and not being close to anything. We strive to provide a clean room at a releasable price. We continue to update and upgrade the property and hope you can try us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Inn At Boynton Beach

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We checked in late and just fell asleep but next day we could see that the room probably has been never dust cleaned and dirt was mounting behind the TV desk. The entire property makes a very mismanaged impression. There is also a renovation going on right now Dec. 13, but questionable if this will solve their serious cleanliness problems.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Delta777jet

Thank you for staying at our property, we definitely take your concerns seriously and have addressed this matter with my housekeeping manager. Cleanliness is a priority and that is one thing we can control and I hope you can give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We did not choose this hotel nor will we ever recommend it to anyone. The decor in our room was very outdated, and there were stains on the bathroom floor. There are minimal handicapped parking spaces, with a lot of local cable trucks taking prime spaces in the oddly-shaped lot. The lobby is on a hill in a separate building, and the approach is very steep. My husband was struggling with the luggage,but not one of the employees offered to help him open the door of the lobby. The television channels are different than in the guest information book (and on the TV itself), so you have to guess which channels are which. Quite a number of the available channels were unwatchable, including NBC (so Sunday night football was out). One of the lights in the bathroom was burnt out, and after each shower, there was about 3 inches of water in the tub which would SLOWLY drain. There is also no ventilation in the bathroom. There was a fan but it never worked. We went to the front desk to complain, but there was no manager available until the next morning (or so we were told). The assistant manager never got back to us to address the complaints. We were told that the manager would be in Monday morning, but he never showed up by the time we checked out at 1PM. The desk people refused to give us his cell number, nor did they offer to call him for us. The management obviously doesn't care about customer service, basically ignoring our concerns. Security also seems to be an issue, with drunken men wandering the halls and loitering outside the door. We will stay at a different hotel the next time we're in Boynton Beach. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We thank you for staying with us and appreciate your feed back. I would like to apologize for your experience, please know that we take cleanliness and friendliness very seriously. We push our staff everyday to provide and great stay. We hope to earn your return in the future once all the updates are complete. Thanks.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The room given to us was non smoking but still there was a stench in the room.We had booked this hotel through hotels.com and with the price we paid,it was okay for one night.If you just need to use your hotel for 6-8 hours sleep,this place is recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Upayan B

Thank you for your stay, we appreciate your feedback. Our focus is to continue to improve the property in all areas. We strive to provide a great experience and hope you can return in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here for Thanksgiving week. The hotel offered an amazingly low price due to ongoing construction. It is an older hotel, I think it used to be a Holiday Inn currently being renovated. Honestly, I did not notice any workers or construction areas. The room was spotless. Yes, in need of updating, but perfectly clean.
The hotel is right off the exit to I95. Our room faced the highway. I could hear the traffic, but the sound was not intrusive. Hotel offers breakfast. This seemed a well-attended affair. I only tried the coffee, which was perfectly fine. There is a swimming pool which appeared to be well-maintained. The desk help was professional, friendly and helpful The room is equiped with standard accessories; hair blower, iron, new LED TV.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NGreenla

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your stay with. Thank you for acknowledging the effort of upgrading and updating the hotel. We hope you return when all the work is done. Thanks

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through GetARoom.com via Kayak for a great deal. Before realizing I needed to stay the weekend (another two nights) the place was booked solid so I have to change hotels. Guess that's the way the cookie crumbles though.

When I walked in I had to wait for the lady at the front desk to finish flooring with the guy at the desk to acknowledge me then half way through check-in, I was interrupted so she coukd discuss a plate of food someone had brought her. Some folks may have been annoyed, of put off. To me it just seemed to be more of a laid back place, which I really love about it.

No, it is no resort. It is very welcoming. ALL the people are nice. It is not new, and it's not fancy. It is however a step above most motels. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the room, LCD/LED TV with very basic (30 channels) cable, a table with two chairs and vinyl floors. The bathroom is roomy with a curved shower rod and the shower curtains don't contain the water well. The wi-fi is terrible - not even worth the effort. The windows are filthy. The AC works well but if you close the curtains, they hang directly over the air conditioniner so it blows the air behind the curtains instead of into the room.

Overall it is a pleasant place to stay if you're not an overly picky person. Someone who expects the Hilton might want to try the over-$100-per-night categories. I was able to stay two nights for less than that. I would stay here again and recommend this place to my budget-conscious, unpicky friends, or anyone who needs a good deal for a decent facility.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eva C
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

My in-laws stayed at this hotel last year and it was a great deal. The cleanliness and service was very good and the hotel was recently renovated. We booked a room for them a year after and it was TERRIBLE! We heard the management changed. True or not, whoever is in charge does not deserve to be in the hotel business. The hallways are dirty and smell like a bar or club. My in-laws called us complaining about a smell in their room, like dust. Well, not only the room wasn't well cleaned, but when the "manager" checked the a/c filter, the amount of dirt was unbelievable, and that is exactly what the guests are breathing. Honestly, the cleanliness standards of this hotel are extremely low and very obvious. My husband sent his parents to the Hampton Inn and it was a huge difference, way much better and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2013
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
#2 of 14 in Boynton Beach
Comfort Inn & Suites Lantana - West Palm Beach South
Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites

Been to The Inn At Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!