“Older Hotel Undergoing Renovations”

The Inn At Boynton Beach
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Boynton Beach
Lisle, Illinois
“Older Hotel Undergoing Renovations”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here for Thanksgiving week. The hotel offered an amazingly low price due to ongoing construction. It is an older hotel, I think it used to be a Holiday Inn currently being renovated. Honestly, I did not notice any workers or construction areas. The room was spotless. Yes, in need of updating, but perfectly clean.
The hotel is right off the exit to I95. Our room faced the highway. I could hear the traffic, but the sound was not intrusive. Hotel offers breakfast. This seemed a well-attended affair. I only tried the coffee, which was perfectly fine. There is a swimming pool which appeared to be well-maintained. The desk help was professional, friendly and helpful The room is equiped with standard accessories; hair blower, iron, new LED TV.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NGreenla
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn At Boynton Beach, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your stay with. Thank you for acknowledging the effort of upgrading and updating the hotel. We hope you return when all the work is done. Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through GetARoom.com via Kayak for a great deal. Before realizing I needed to stay the weekend (another two nights) the place was booked solid so I have to change hotels. Guess that's the way the cookie crumbles though.

When I walked in I had to wait for the lady at the front desk to finish flooring with the guy at the desk to acknowledge me then half way through check-in, I was interrupted so she coukd discuss a plate of food someone had brought her. Some folks may have been annoyed, of put off. To me it just seemed to be more of a laid back place, which I really love about it.

No, it is no resort. It is very welcoming. ALL the people are nice. It is not new, and it's not fancy. It is however a step above most motels. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the room, LCD/LED TV with very basic (30 channels) cable, a table with two chairs and vinyl floors. The bathroom is roomy with a curved shower rod and the shower curtains don't contain the water well. The wi-fi is terrible - not even worth the effort. The windows are filthy. The AC works well but if you close the curtains, they hang directly over the air conditioniner so it blows the air behind the curtains instead of into the room.

Overall it is a pleasant place to stay if you're not an overly picky person. Someone who expects the Hilton might want to try the over-$100-per-night categories. I was able to stay two nights for less than that. I would stay here again and recommend this place to my budget-conscious, unpicky friends, or anyone who needs a good deal for a decent facility.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eva C
Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

My in-laws stayed at this hotel last year and it was a great deal. The cleanliness and service was very good and the hotel was recently renovated. We booked a room for them a year after and it was TERRIBLE! We heard the management changed. True or not, whoever is in charge does not deserve to be in the hotel business. The hallways are dirty and smell like a bar or club. My in-laws called us complaining about a smell in their room, like dust. Well, not only the room wasn't well cleaned, but when the "manager" checked the a/c filter, the amount of dirt was unbelievable, and that is exactly what the guests are breathing. Honestly, the cleanliness standards of this hotel are extremely low and very obvious. My husband sent his parents to the Hampton Inn and it was a huge difference, way much better and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed October 2013

Travelers are raving about these Boynton Beach hotels

Outer Banks NC
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The first time we stayed here - much earlier this year - we really liked it. Rooms were clean and pleasant, staff was friendly and helpful, and we had a microwave & mini-refrigerator. The previous time we were a little bit disappointed - the first floor rooms seemed a little old and tired, though still clean, and the microwave and mini-refrigerator weren't there. But it was ok. Breakfast was nice & they let me grab a couple of things on the run, since I couldn't stay and eat.

But last Friday was more disappointing. I do wish the website would have let me know construction was going on before I booked. First the clerk had trouble finding my reservation - OK, that was partly my fault, as I'd forgotten I'd been transferred from one site to The Inn's own website. But should finding my reservation really depend on my memory? I was afraid I'd paid for the wrong night, and would be out the money and having to find another place to stay! Finally she found it - What a relief!

Then I saw all the work going on on the first floor - ok, not very attractive, but they're fixing it up, and I'm staying on the 2nd floor. So it didn't bother me. But then we got to our room. You know, it LOOKED really nice. But in a couple of minutes, I was getting choked up. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to paint - again, not The Inn's fault -- and it was recently painted. Well, I called to see if I could switch rooms. Sold out, probably because 1st floor rooms couldn't be used. No way to switch to a room that didn't have paint fumes. So we decided to make the best of it - I kept the thermostat very low all night; as long as the a-c was going, I wouldn't have trouble breathing. But unfortunately my husband complained of being in an icebox, and woke up with the sniffles. Great choice, which of us will get sick? So I assured him being cold doesn't CAUSE a cold, which is true -- but didn't mention that getting chilled makes many people more susceptible to a passing virus. We're both ok, I think, but it really would have been nice to have been informed BEFORE we committed to stay there.

Breakfast was good, no complaints. It was the first time of our 3 or 4 visits I had the time to sit down and really enjoy a good breakfast, so we made the most of it!

I guess my only complaint is truth-in-advertising: If something's going on (like construction/painting or even employee problems), please let your customers know before reserving and/or paying, so it's THEIR decision. If your available rooms are all sold out, you should be able to afford to do this!

I think we will come back sometime, but I do want to make sure all the construction is done first, and the paint fumes have time to subside . . . .

Room Tip: Call and talk to the front desk first; find out if you are getting a room with fridge/micro, whether...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarita989
Munich, Germany
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Overall our recent 2-nights stay turned out be a grave dissappointment - especially due to the booking site giving a misleading impression, even false information, making me wish I had heeded the previous reviews' warning. Furthermost, the place is undergoing MAJOR construction work. While this may be a noble intention to keep the interior appealing, to our stay it was simply a horrendous nuisance. It is not just "pardon the dust" as signs try to excuse the mess; it is noise, unpleasant sight of materials & debris scattered all over & physical obstruction, decreasing accessability. We expected nothing fancy - a clean & cozy place to sleep, a calm pool area to relax. Now whilst our room was clean, it was insufficiently furbished, lacking fridge & microwave whereas the booking site stated ALL rooms were so equipped! However the aforementioned noise drove us from our room soon enough. Arriving at the pool, my girlfriend almost snapped to find the area to be the site of construction work too & taking long enough to render the pool unusable for us. Conveniently the manager did not get in before we left, meanwhile I've contacted him & are still waiting for a response. The same goes for the booking service. Now if the place wasn't in such a terrible state, it might be worth the money but with construction work ongoing & also the hotel nevertheless intent on not to adjust rates accordingly, avoid this hotel, at least until further information of the situation is provided.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank jack-white1987
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. Good breakfast with healthy choices in a bright, airy room. Lovely rooms. Very nice outdoor pool, grounds and exercise room. Very close to the I-95. Helpful front desk and good housekeeping staff and standards. I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 14 in Boynton Beach
Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Lantana - West Palm Beach South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Delray Beach I-95

Been to The Inn At Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!