“Good Deli - BYOB”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Coming from NYC, it's hard to find good deli that comes close to home. Flakowitz in Boynton Beach, FL is pretty good. The portions are large and service was fast and pleasant. They do not have a beer/wine license, but you can bring your own. Just remember to bring a bottle opener for the wine, or bring a bottle with a screw top. I had the Reuben which was really good with lean meat, and the sweet potato fries were delicious. My husband got the latkes which he said "weren't like Grandma's". But nothing is like Grandma's. We would go back.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

After waiting for 45 minutes for our food my husband asked the manager if they were going to serve us or if we should leave. The manager said "You should leave." So four of us got up and walked out.

That was the first time something like this ever happened to us. Place wasn't very crowded and since the food is only fair we weren't sure why this happened. You can be certain that they will never see us there again.

5  Thank gladys s
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Ordered pancake and they were greasy. Can't imagine anyone serving greasy pancakes! Too expensive for what you get.

2  Thank junebugger
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I read a few reviews before going, and was anticipating rude service because of them. I didn't encounter any rude service there, and I'm a Midwesterner, to give you an idea of what may be considered rude. The food was a bit above average and the portions are generous. Every table gets a complimentary little plate of marble cake, which I thought was a nice touch. The menu is pretty extensive and they have an amazing-looking bakery on site, too. It's worth at least one visit, I think.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

They have specials around 4 pm each day and the food is outstanding. Prepared with care by people who know how. Eat there quite often and have never been let down yet!