“Oy Vay Such a Deal”

Flakowitz of Boynton Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 319 Restaurants in Boynton Beach
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miramar, Florida
“Oy Vay Such a Deal”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you love New York Style Deli, this little gem is in South Florida, Do you remember the good old days of great Corn beef and even if you don't, You won't be disappointed, I ordered the matzo ball soup and Corn Beef on rye little on fatty side. WOW the best see my photos I highly recommended this place. On the way out David help me with very good service, I took out some Hamantash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamantash) the best!

• Visited January 2013

Philadelphia
“Not our favorite”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have eaten here before. The service can be surly and it is usually a long wait for a table. I ordered a salad that was full of greens and little else. It was supposed to have nuts, mandarin oranges and garganzola cheese. It was a dinner sized salad and had almost none of the forementioned. My husband and mother both ordered the omelet dinner. The omelet was tasteless. This place gives large portions but very average to below average tasting food.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Winkie51
Cheshire, Connecticut
“You Don't Find Good Jewish Deli Anymore-NO”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great Jewish deli experience. Their brisket, corned beef, french fries, etc. were excellent. Very good service. There is nothing better than an overstuffed sandwich with a Dr. Brown's soda.

• Visited January 2013
New Jersey
“Love those knishes :)”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

For a great deli experience visit Flakowitz. Definitely try the knishes which are exceptional. They are always crowded and that is a testiment to the food, bakery, and service. Eat well my friends...

Visited December 2012
Silver Spring
“Good, Not Great”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I ate there 2 days ago. We know that their sandwiches are large, and we wanted to share a sandwich, which cost around $13, rather than having to take home 2 halfs of sandwiches. We were told that the additional cost to share one sandwich was around $6.00. I think that it is outrageous to charge that much for an empty plate. We were advised to order something small like a chicken soup for around $6.00 in order to avoid the sharing charge. So, we ordered the soup for my wife and still ended up taking home a half of a sandwich, and half a bowl of soup. Why should I have to pay around $6 in order to avoid having to take food home?

The sandwich was good, but not great. It contained a pile of meat (corned beef), but the meat was pretty dry. The cole slaw which accompanied the sandwich was very good. The fries, which were included, were also nice and crispy.

I guess that sharing charges are appropriate for certain upscale restaurants, but I dont thinkk they are appropriate in a deli where servings are notoriously large.

• Visited December 2012