Tripadvisor

Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great vibe with an excellent waiter named David.
He was friendly, efficient, humorous and helpful with recommendations. We had a salmon dish and tacos. Both were delicious.
Good dtinks

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed January 9, 2020

Visited this restaurant on Thursday, January 2. We had just wrapped up an off shore fishing trip and it was recommended we take our fresh catch there and they would prepare fish tacos with the fish we caught (yellowtail). We were a party of six (3 adults and 3 kids). Beth (the hostess that evening), took our yellowtail to store in the kitchen and told us our wait for a table would be 20 minutes. 45 minutes later, we were called to be seated. Before we were seated, four other parties, ranging from 6-10 people, were seated before us. Two parties arrived after we did.. We looked past this as this was our last night before we headed back home to D.C..

The waitress was very nice and friendly. She seemed to have our table plus another four tables. We told her the kitchen already has our yellowtail (which was already filleted and deboned) and we would just like them blackened and prepared as fish tacos. We also ordered nachos for the table, along with soft drinks. The waitress took the order no problem and said she'd put the order in and be right back with our drinks. Drinks arrived promptly and the nacho appetizer arrived about 15 minutes after we ordered. About an hour has now gone by, and we ask the our waitress what the status on the fish tacos. She seemed surprised they weren't out herself as she
stated "yeah, you should have received them already". She apologized and said she would go check. As she went to check on our meal, other tables who were seated 10, 15, and even 25 minutes after us had all received their entrees. About 10 minutes later our waitress returns and says that she apologized but our ticket was next in queue. I asked how other tables who were seated well after us had already received their entrees, for which she said "I know I'm sorry about that but your ticket is next, I just confirmed". Another 20 minutes had gone by and within that time frame, the waitress had made eye contact with us and she looked uneasy. She then comes over and said, "sorry, the chef had to first fillet and debone the fish. That is why it's taken so long". We responded by stating that the fish were already cut and deboned. She replied stating, "I'm sorry, that's just what they told me". Again, the waitress was a nice person but you could clearly see that there was a major oversight with our ticket and she did not want to be in the middle of it. 15 minutes later, the manager comes over and apologizes for the long wait and says that the kitchen is now beginning to prepare our food and that they were deeply sorry for the long wait. We told the manager that our waitress told us over 30 minutes ago that our ticket was next and that the food was already being prepared. The manager
apologized again stating, "yes, it seems the kitchen is very busy but your food is now being prepared. We waited another 25 minutes before deciding that we've had enough. By this point the two youngest of the three children (7 and 10 yrs old) were already asleep on the table and we had to catch a 6am flight to D.C. in the morning (it was now well past 8 pm and we had arrived at 5:30).

We got up from the table and my sister-in-law went off to load up the kids in the cars as my brother and I stood by the hostess podium asking to speak to the manager. The hostess (Beth) asked why and what was wrong. I told her we have been seated for over 2 hours and still have not received our meals. The hostess BETH, very rudely replied by stating "well we are busy. And plus, has it really been 2 hours?!". The second hostess standing next to her actually responded for us and said "yes, it's been more than 2 hours", as she referenced her waitlist book and pointed it out to Beth (sorry we don't know your name Miss., but thank you for that!). Beth shrugged her shoulder and said, fine wait here I'll get the manager. The same manager who had spoken to us before came up. She noticed my family had vacated the table and knew we decided to leave. She comes to me and starts apologizing and stated "sir, I assure you the food is almost out". I responded and said, thank you ma'am but this is completely ridiculous. I went on to tell her that every single table we saw come in well after us had not only received their meals, but most were settling their bills! I told her I am happy to pay for the soft drinks and nachos so we can be on our way. She got me the check, I paid and we left.

This place is by far the poorest excuse for a decent establishment. Any business in their right mind would have at a MINIMUM comped the soft drinks and appetizers. Never in my life have I ever accepted a free meal at any restaurant, and if offered here I would have politely declined and paid for the food/drinks we consumed. The fact that it wasn't even offered as any type of apology/remedy to the absurd night we experienced there is proof that this place does not care at all about customer satisfaction.

If you are ever in this area and value your time and happiness, DO NOT go to this place. You will not be valued in the slightest bit, and will be treated as such. I also encourage you to read the negative reviews on this place, so you can see the customer service trend. Trust me, it's not just us.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank miguelr981
Reviewed January 8, 2020

Went in for a family early dinner on New Years Eve. the place was quite empty, got a nice table by the water. We ordered appetizers, the Conch Fritters, Coconut Shrimp and chicken tenders for my son. About 10 minutes later we ordered our entrees, I had the seared tuna tacos, my son had the Mac n cheese and my wife the Fish bites. Ten minutes later the appetizers arrived. the conch Fritters were a big slab of something, very greasy and very cold, as were the chicken tenders fries and shrimp. Barely a bit into the appetizers, the entrees arrived, so the table was swamped. I sent the attempt at a conch fritter back, and the tenders. they asked would we like to replace them, i said no as we had a table full. I ordered another beer and ate the tacos, which were excellent. The other beer never came, and the waitress did not removed the cold dishes from my check, I had to ask again and wait another 10 minutes with n o food or drink, just sitting there. Very poor planning to send both course at the same time and obviously the appetizers were sitting out for a while. Would hate to see what its like when its busty.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2020

Family dinner at an outside table on the intracoastal. Salad with tuna, grouper, veggies and other varied menu choices.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 7, 2019 via mobile

We went here for lunch and Alex, an excellent waitress, and very very attractive, served us the best conch fritters I have ever had. The fritters were square or rectangular, about an inch and a half thick... damn I wish I had the recipe. The seafood a la vodka sauce was excellent. Big al dente rigatoni with a generous amount of shrimp, scallops in a pink tomato cream sauce that was amazing. I normally am not a big fan of someone else's tomato sauce but this was very very good.
Alex was a delight. Warm and personable, she really helped out with menu selections. We eat out a lot so it is a real joy to encounter a wait person of any gender who is not somewhat robotic, as if working off a script. Please ask for her and to be seated outside on the intercoastal waterway. There are umbrellas to shield you from the sun, and lots of boat traffic to watch. You are asked not to feed the wild birds because 2 George's food is not on their diet plan. We have eaten here once before and exitted the interstate for the sole purpose of eating here. Also, a tip...pay attention the the areas around the pier leading to the front door. You will notice dozens of live catfish who would love for you to feed them. There is a gumball machine filled with fish food for that purpose. The kids would love watching this. When we went there was valet parking available. We plan to return every time our travels lead us to Florida. Really. It is that good.

Date of visit: December 2019