“Perfectly Ordinary”

Cross street: 33426
New York City, New York
“Perfectly Ordinary”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We were asked to join friends here so we traveled 20 miles. Would not do it again. The service was quite good and friendly. The menu was fairly large and varied. The atmosphere is shopping center standard. They would not seat the first four until we arrived a bit late which is, in my view, an attitude problem. Some thought their dinner quite decent. I had macadamia crusted snapper and it was hardly edible. It was mostly breading and too dry to eat. Scallops were ok but certainly not anything to return for. It gives the impression of a chain eatery designed to appeal to moderate priced diners although there are no bargains on the menu. I am sure there are better seafood places in the area.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Malpractice

delray beach
“Better News”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Restaurant was previously close to the bottom of my list. However, recent experience showed they have changed their quality and delivery of food as much improved. Still not my favorite place as there is no atmosphere and it has become quite pricey compared to others but is a good "go to" once in a while.

Visited January 2014
Delray Beach, Florida
“It's popular for good reasons, the excellent food and service!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were a party of 8 so I got to see and taste a variety of dishes on our last visit. We were promptly seated on time with our 6PM reservation. Our waitress was very efficient, even though she was serving several tables in addition to our large party. The garlic rolls were luscious, loaded with garlic the way I like them. The Caesar salad was excellent with optional anchovies and lots of crunchy garlicky croutons. My unusual dish, "Oceans 5" was a type of seafood stew, except the delicious broth was a subtle not too spicy blend of curry and coconut milk. I treated it as a soup, before I dug into the shellfish (clams, king crab, lobster, mussels and scallops) floating in the broth. Previously I thoroughly enjoyed the fried oysters, an enormous portion, and perfectly fried. I can't wait to return.

• Visited January 2014
Boynton Beach, Florida
“This place isn't going anywhere”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Tried for the first time this weekend... have seen and heard mixed reviews on this place. So when it was suggested, I figured this was the fateful moment to give a go...
It was packed when we got there! Luckily, I made reservations on OT and we were given a booth within minutes. The Early Bird crowd had just finished, so am assuming their is a much longer wait if you show up before 6pm.
The menu is extensive and covers much more than just seafood. There is a Vegan section, Italian dishes, and Burgers as well. They have a huge selection of wines also. But we came for seafood and that is what all of us tried.
The Danish Lobster was a really good and came with many tasty "bites". I sampled the Stuffed Shrimp, which was decent(but the crab stuffing didn't taste as crabby as I would like). Tried a Baked Scallop, which was cooked well(but definitely had better).
Someone I was with remarked that their Caesar Salad was really good. The same person talked up the smashed potatoes as well. Looked much better than the tiny baked potato I chose(nothing done to it... with a side cup of butter and sour cream). I did enjoy the Quinoa Salad... a bit of a unique choice and was tasty.
Service was moderate. We received our first round of drinks quickly enough and got our order in. But there was a bit of a lull for the bread basket and we got a bit antsy for our main course. By this time, the restaurant was clearing out quickly and there wasn't much of a reason for a wait. Not to mention that the waitress didn't make certain that nobody needed another beverage.
I plan on visiting this place again to see if the food is consistent and the service improves before making a recommendation. The fact that one of my seafood favorites has gone terribly downhill gives more reason to keep options open...

• Visited November 2013
boynton beach
“we tried again after 3 year only to find the food worse than before”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Look I am not pulling any punches here, I think a frozen tv dinner would have been better than the fish at this restaurant. I had encrusted macadamia nut on snapper, on a watery sweet potato mash. the fish was all breading deep fried and just horrible. my partner had a seafood risotto. Not to many pieces of fish for $23. way over priced for what you get and bad to boot. whats better try -BONEFISH GRILL, also PHYLISS G on federal has superior fish dishes that taste like there are suppose to not a breaded snapper for $23. that was barely eatable. also another great place with atmosphere is in ft laud called Sea Watch. Snappers was packed so I quess the people who go here really could us a education on good sea food.

• Visited November 2013