“Nice Israeli Restaurant”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I visited this restaurant looking for a kosher Israeli restaurant. The area where the restaurant is located in not in the best of areas, but once in the restaurant, you feel like you've been transported to a little piece of Israel. Golda is for The Golda Meir, a very strong Israeli personality. There are Andy Warhol pictures of Golda Meir all around the room. The food was good. Servings were not large but not small. They serve an array of unique Israeli salads on the table, with fresh tasting pita. I found myself ordering a few serving of these salads to fill up. Service was very good. People very friendly. Pricing was approx. $35 for two for dinner. Would go back if I am in the area.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd and final visit which is quite sad. We came just after they first opened and the problems that existed then are much worse now. While the mediterranian dishes are passable..you can find better elsewhere and the experience is quickly ruined by a complete lack of service and workers who arent happy to be working there. Prepare to sit and wait for 10 min before anyone comes to even offer a glass of water. Picture of rack of lamb on menu cover is not and never was available. Waitress has complete lack of personality and clearly would rather be somewhere else and wont check on you because shes doing double duty as either Part Time Hostess or Cashier. When food comes, they distribute from 1 end of table expecting you to pass dishes. They won't come take empty appetizer dishes so I had to put them on the table behind us. I mentioned this to the Manager who is the owners wife and the dishes sat there and were not even picked up. We had to send back the flavorless Chicken Cashew only to get an even worse Chicken Marsala with sauce that was disgusting...worse than canned Here is the worst part...I explained my experience about my visits to the manager so she would understand how and where they needed improvement and she responded by defending the quality of the food saying the Cashew was the most popular dish and that she Would NOT remove it from the bill when we refused to eat it and would be leaving hungry. The restaurant is owned by a gentleman named Shimon..who is also the cook. He came to our table and also defended everything the manager said but ultimately refunded the uneaten dish. Lastly, they will tack on a 20% tip which is now illegal according to the IRS so either they don't care or simply don't know.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Using a coupon we visited Golda on a Sunday afternoon in high season and were the only patrons. Service was very friendly and nice. The ambiance was fine and tables were clean. The food was just OK...Israeli salad platter was plentiful but flat tastes, no fresh lemon tastes or zing. Falafel was very good- served with nice hot pita. Decent carrot soup and fried cauliflower- unfortunately drenched in canned sweet/sour sauce. Salmon was freezer-burned and served with ho-hum rice. So sad because I wanted to like this place. Israeli's know how to make salads...what happened??

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have eaten here many times with family and friends. We have eaten her both for lunch and dinner. The food is excellent, prepared to your requested doneness, and very tasty. The service is spotty. At lunch there is limited staff and they are always hassled and in a rush. This past week I called for a reservation for 6 for dinner and was told it was a holiday week and therefore they were not taking reservations - just come and wait to be seated. We were three senior couples and did not want to wait so we chose to come for lunch instead. No problem getting seated. However, we overheard the owner telling someone on the phone that he would keep their dinner reservation for 10 minutes. He told me earlier that morning that they were not taking reservations. Not very nice.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had a restaurant .com coupon that never expires with a face value of $25 and the manager started bargaining and only wanted to give us $15. In addition even tho the restaurant was empty we were seated in the bar and told next time to make reservations. We finally left without ordering and both waitresses apologized and said the manager was wrong. The restaurant was not clean and we
will never go back. The restaurant lost a potential customer and all our friends.