“Hard to do any better in Boynton Beach”
Review of Kimura

Kimura
Ranked #74 of 321 Restaurants in Boynton Beach
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: kimurarestaurant.com
Montreal, Canada
“Hard to do any better in Boynton Beach”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have been to this restaurant half a dozen times, as a couple, or with family and friends.

We have always been impressed by the quality of the experience and the food. It is a fun way to have dinner.

Two thumbs up, and we will be back.

• Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
“Good Food, Funny Chef!!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Had a great time, food was very good and plenty of it. We have been to other Hibachi restaurants before, and the chef we had was very funny. You should ask for G-Unit. He was great!!

• Visited November 2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Go for HIBACHI, not for sushi”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Always fun to watch, but one cook has over-cooked my lobster twice. Ask for "G-Unit" for your chef and you will be laughing the whole time! He is a gem! Such good food, we always leave with left-overs! Great for kids to watch too! My 2 and 6 year olds love to go and watch the shrimp and eggs fly! Hostess always looks a little mad though.

• Visited July 2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
“We won't be back”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant has a more commercial feel to it than the individually owned sushi restaurants I normally go to. The ambiance was nice, but the food was completely forgettable. We ordered a variety of raw sushi rolls and some a la carte sushi. From my experiences with fresh off the boat fish, I can usually tell when im served something that was previously frozen... And this sushi was definitely from a freezer. It was tasteless... Just maybe a step up from a supermarket purchased sushi roll... I was not impressed. I also noticed that they water down their sauces. The eel sauce I got on the side was not the yummy thicker sauce I'm used to. It was kind of a watery mess. If there was one thing I could comment politely on, related to food, the yellowtail was pretty decent.

In regards to service, our waitress was very nice. She was prompt and not pushy. She did a great job.

Delray Beach
“One of our favorite spots!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We have been to this location 5 times so far and have always had excellent service and food. The habatchi chefs we've had are TJ and G-Unit, who are both EXCELLENT! They have us laughing the entire time! They cook our food exactly how we love it and we've never had a compaint. We went today for Mother's Day and had a chef named John who was pretty boring and undercooked the fried rice, although I'm not sure how that can even happen. So, we'll definitely make sure we reserve TJ or G-Unit when we go again net month. As for the previous review saying it's expensive, I'm not sure what they ordered but we have never spent more than $60 and my husband always orders the filet mignon and chicken habatchi and I get either the scallops and steak or 2 of the specialty rolls. And of course a cocktail or 2 :) Overall, this is one of our favorite places to eat. We are never disappointed, except for today but now we know how to avoid that.

• Visited May 2012