“Thai food, reviews from a novice”

Sabai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 323 Restaurants in Boynton Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Okay you're reading a review from a person that up until 3 months ago never had Thai food before. Since that time we have gone back 3 times. I do know good, tasty food. A gem in a strip mall (again) next to of all thing a pawn shop! But we had to try it because of the reviews of previous Tripadvisors. Glad we went and keep going. Let the waitress guide you and she will not disappoint. This is a place we will be back!

There are newer reviews for Sabai Thai Restaurant

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Having eaten in Thai restaurants literally 'all over the country', I can say that I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly along with the very good! The only dish I have tried at Sabai was shrimp and squid with mushrooms, mixed vegetables with cashews. The quality of the ingredients was superior along with the way it was cooked. Often times, shrimp and squid can be over-cooked and turn rubbery: not the case at Sabai. The problem came about because of a lack of flavor! The dish was cooked and served in a watery light tan/brown sauce that was virtually tasteless and sadly, had few Thai spices. I would prefer a thick brown sauce with at least some kick. The atmosphere is quite interesting as it has painted scenes from Florida painted on the walls: beaches, flamingos and palm trees, all quite enjoyable. Service was very good and I would return but would request that the dish be flavored as above. Sabai has the potential to be great but has a way to go...!

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We were out and about the area, were getting hungry too. I've been craving Thai food for a few days, so I searched on tripadvisor, and there it was: Sabai Thai.

I don't think I would have ever found it on my own, but I felt it must be good, so we decided to try it. The place is rather small but well kept. Service is friendly, food is tasty and portions big, dessert is yummy too. We were glad we tried it and will come again when the Thai food cravings come back. Definitely worth it.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This family run neighborhood place is small and the location a little bit "out of the way". It has really good Thai food. The people are so friendly and remember you even if you haven't been there in a few months. We've had the noodle dishes including the Pad Thai, and also a duck dish. The food is always good. They do take out as well if you don't want to sit down. Its a small place and seems to have a loyal following, but there's never a wait.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

They don't take reservations so there can be a wait at times. On the other hand, the flavor is good and the service is very good. Four of us had dinner. It was a birthday night of one of our group. They serve wine and beer. They don’t have a full bar but you won't miss it. The décor is kooky. Toward the back of the restaurant one wall is made up with oriental decorations and the opposite wall is nautical with a circular flotation ring.

We started with fresh summer rolls and an order of dumplings. The summer rolls were stuffed with shrimp and lettuce wrapped in a moist rice roll. It is served with a hoisin type sauce topped with chopped peanuts. All of the entrees are served with 4 levels of spice: mild, medium, hot and sizzling. If you are accustomed to spicy food, the hot is fine. It will not disappoint the spice lover but they don't dumb it down for the American palate. Two of us had Drunken Noodles, one order was mild with tofu; I had the seafood version hot. Excellent. The green curry with pork was typical. Good but nothing to write home about.

The end of the evening was special. We mentioned casually that there was a birthday at the table. After we finished the server brought us a Thai ice cream desert with a candle on it. That was a friendly touch.