“Just ok”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
New Jersey
“Just ok”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I ate at this restaurant based on the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. The menu s pretty limited and we found the food to be pretty mediocre.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank mikkala

“Incomparable to any other Thai restaurant in the area”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Just had lunch here after the restaurant had been recommended by at least 3 other people. I lived in Thailand for 3 years and have been in Palm Beach since 2002. I have always been in search of authentic Thai. Previous reviewers mentioned Lemongrass. I have eaten at both PB locations and it was average with unremarkable staff. Ziree in Delray has really friendly staff and ALMOST authentic taste, beautiful decor. Sabai is in an unassuming location with not particularly Thai decor BUT the food is sooooooo delicious I almost wept. I asked for and ordered from the "Thai" menu. I think many Thai restaurants are afraid to offer Americans any flavor different from the standard American take on Thai food. I ordered the Moo Yang Nam Toke (Waterfall Pork) which was JUST LIKE my local Thai stand in Uttaradit used to make it, with sticky rice. My husband ordered the Pat Grapao Moo Sap Kai Dao (Basil Pork with Fried Egg), his usual. Very few "Thai" restaurants make Basil Pork correctly...they won't put the egg on top or make it with ground pork...then they throw green pepper in (only time I saw green pepper used in Thailand was at Pizza Hut--no lie). My husband was so happy to get it made right. All of the ingredients tasted like they were picked in Thailand itself. The right basil, shallots, mint,...tastes I hadn't had in so very long. Not only were Wita and Sam so friendly and informative, but they also offered to call me when they make special authentic foods and Thai desserts. My fellow Americans...please order REAL Thai food and give it a try. You will feel robbed by what the typical Thai restuarant feeds you once you do. We will definitely be coming back and bringing the kids with us too.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank BoyntonMama
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great good and great service”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We decided to check this place out because of the high ratings on trip advisor. It did not disappoint.

Our server was a great young lady from Thailand who provided us with great service and some good laughs too.

We had red and green curry, both were excellent. This will certainly be our regular Thai place going forward.

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Hard to Beat For Thai Food!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Thai restaurants can be iffy especially in an area where there are so many of them. However, Sabai Thai would have to be one of the best in the area, and my wife and I finally found one that almost eclipses our loyalty to Lemongrass in Boca Raton (but we love it anyway!).

I ordered the Panang Chicken in stew form with a yellowish tinge with red overtones, and though it was not very spicy the flavor was very good. My wife ordered the Pad Thai with chicken, and she proclaimed that it was tastier than Lemongrass's version, and a larger portion size to boot.

Our friends ordered Chicken with yellow curry sauce and the Pad Thai and both were very satisfied. My usual Thai Iced Coffee was returned as rather weak with a bitter aftertaste. I thought it was also quite nice to be served edamame as a starter freebee before the meal arrived which was consumed by all.

Though our favor still tilts to Lemongrass we will have no problem using this Thai venue as a very good alternative. But, get there early as they get pretty busy after 6PM.

• Visited December 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“If you like Thai, Sabai Thai is a must!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My friends and I have been following the owner Tony and his staff since they had a restaurant in West Palm Beach a few years ago. They are very friendly and accommodating, and the food is excellent. My favorite is the green curry with Thai eggplant. Hard to find that anywhere else! Love the decor also.

• Visited November 2012