“Good food and price”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2014

A pleasant setting is standard in a Thai restaurant, and Rice Thai has it. What was especially enjoyable was the variety of the menu, quality of the food, and reasonable price.
The restaurant is located in a shopping center with a crowded lot, and near another popular fish restaurant that forces its patrons to use valet parking; so parking is a little dicey, but available if you look carefully.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have been to Rice numerous times in the last year and thoroughly enjoyed it every time. If you want it spicy, you can have it that way. Importantly though, there are many options that are not spicy or can be made that way. We and our guests have often ordered fish which has come out very well. We have purchased chicken dishes, both as appetizers and main courses, and been very satisfied. We have also ordered vegetarian meals to equal satisfaction.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

75 MINUTES TO WAIT FOR TWO ENTREES? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I mean WE thought the service was poor, but the poor sweet couple at the next table, with their dog, had waited 75 minutes from time of their order and still their food had not come. It was only when our waiter came to clear our plates, having been absent since he dropped the food off, that they managed to ask him where their food was. They pointed out that we (my husband and I) had finished eating and we had arrived some time AFTER them, and they said the other table had received their food, and THEY had arrived after them - and the waiter (not very graciously) said " yes but they are at a different station - they only had appetizers - and so did the other people" - no apology - and also not true - we had two appetizers AND one entree - so there was absolutely no reason why they had had to wait 75 minutes for two entrees. They shouldn't have waited - they should have left after 20 minutes (in my opinion). And I hope the waiter gave them something, a glass of wine, a dessert, or one dish free - they deserved it.

When we arrived, we looked at the outside menu and their dog licked my husband's ankle - that's how we know they were already there. We then went inside and asked to be seated - we asked for an outside table and were told they would have to set the table up - it took them TEN minutes to put two rolls of cutlery on the table. TEN MINUTES!!!!! That should have tipped us off. We eventually were seated and had to wait another ten minutes for someone to come out - nobody brought us water or anything. Anyway, when the waiter came out, we ordered water and our food, and when it came (after a bit of a wait), we thought that a) presentation was nice but b) small portions.

The pad thai was unexceptional - lacked flavor and depth, and I dare say I could have made a better one at home. The calamari was obviously frozen, it was the thinnest calamari I've had, and the accompanying sweet and sour sauce was out of a bottle. The "salad" that was plonked in front of me consisted of bare pieces of lettuce with an invisible (but tasty/sweet) dressing - but could barely pass for a salad anywhere else - it was just lettuce, nothing else. The chicken sate (four of them) were fine, bland, unremarkable, and the peanut sauce was also unremarkable. Overall the food was just average (husband says below average).
What was good - the amount of chicken in the pad thai - it was plentiful - this much I know because I picked it out and gave it to my husband (I don't eat chicken), and there was a lot of it, so that was a good thing.

Nobody came out to ask us how the food was, or check on it - we were living in the forgotten land. We thought the couple next to us had long since finished their meal and were just hanging out - so we were shocked when we found out they hadn't been brought their food. They were brought their dishes as we were leaving (as mentioned early, 75 - yes ONE HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES AFTER THEY'D ORDERED IT!)

In retrospect, I knew that we were ready to leave after waiting 10 minutes for someone to come out and bring us water - no way would we have waited half that long, shame on the restaurant for that.

We'd seen this restaurant reviewed highly on Check Please! and had had high expectations and always said, if we're in the area - we'll try it, and had been to the brewery up the road earlier that evening - so figured what greater time to try it. Seriously, what a total let down - more so the service than the food - but if we're rating it, then food - out of 10, maybe a 4.... service, 1. Even when the waiter cleared our plates, he didn't ask us how it was..... would we go back? Not in a million years.

1  Thank chewedpup
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Went there for a quiet dinner. Sweet and sour chicken was no more than 5 or 6 pieces of boiled chicken with no sauce. The rice tasted like cold rice -a-roni.
Never to return.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Started going to this place the year it opened. All the plates are wonderful. For me anything with curry in it is outstanding (four or five varieties - yellow my favorite). The salad is light and tasty. Appetizers superb. Above all, however, is the way you are treated. Always as a special guest, as if they are honored to have you there. Oh, did I mention, 10% off if paid in cash and the entire menu is very reasonable. Location is not the best, but who cares.