“A unique experience”

Ranked #19 of 338 Restaurants in Boynton Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Eat, drink & be comfy in this eclectic,charming restaurant where everyone that visits returns as a friend.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Living Room is a fantastic place to unwind. Delicious food (best fish tacos in Boynton!), great selection of wine and craft beer, beautiful and endearing staff, and some of the best live music in the area. The Audrey Hepburn-chic interior is cozy and inviting with plush couches – some neatly tucked away, providing the perfect amount of privacy for dinner dates. There's plenty of outdoor seating as well – with a handful of tables circled around a neat fire pit. I love kicking back at The Living Room, I'm sure you will too!

1  Thank Chris M

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We found this place on groupon,now we always go back.The food is great, portions are great, except for last time,verry small portion,must of had a off night,it happens.open mike night is great.Good beer& wine.Its like sitting in your own living room. Give this place a try.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

it sure is different than any restaurant I have been to. a lot of antiques in a living room type atmosphere, servce was good,food was disappointing . go for the drinks and desserts and music and atmosphere.attracts a younger crowd.can be romantic.overall try them once and see if this is you thing. music or guitar player on after 7.30. you need reservations now that it is season..

LivingRoomBoynton, Owner at The Living Room, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Just to set the music schedule straight, Live music starts at 5:45pm on Friday & Saturday. It starts at 6pm on Sunday and 7pm the rest of the week. Thank you, Sincerely, Lisa

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Went here last night for the first time after reading mixed reviews on this site; Living Room is definitely worth the visit! After driving into a strip mall, we cautiously approached and were impressed by the decor and ambiance. Eclectic decorations COVER the place in a way that is cute, not cluttered. There are PLENTY of conversation-starting pieces that will make you wonder what the heck on earth they're used for (other than collecting dust, of course)! The place is definitely comfy (hence, LIVING ROOM haha), with different arrangements for seating (tables for dining, couches for casually sipping a drink) that are subtly partitioned. The decor sprawls across the whole place - even the bathrooms! There is seating outside for smokers, and also a firepit. We sat at a table so we were facing the musician. She was very 'Jewel'-like. Not my favorite kind of music, but it wouldn't surprise me if the music was more upbeat on weekend nights (after all, we were out on a Monday).

Drink menu looked great, but didn't try any on this particular night. Ordered the cheese bowl with tomato bisque as an appetizer - DELICIOUS! It comes with a salad so you could have it as a meal but it worked well for my boyfriend and I to share. The tomato bisque was surprisingly tangy - not in a bad way, just a surprising way. Bf had the stuffed chicken and I ordered the crepes (they also have Indian, Mediterranean, Italian, etc. dishes - very eclectic menu that could please most palates). Here's where the bad part comes in - after the appetizer, it took more than an hour to get our meals!!! The wait gave me plenty of time to people-watch; an interesting mix of adults were there, from older folks on an awkward first date, to 30-something hipsters, to college couples on a night out. It's a good place for a good date or good friends for dinner or drinks or just a snack.

The server apologized profusely for the long wait when he arrived with our entrees. Bf ate his meal quicker than I've ever seen him eat at a restaurant. Sure, he was hungry but he also liked it! My crepes were satisfying and I would have them again as a lunch, but not for dinner. Perhaps this is just my brain telling me that crepes are breakfast or brunch food. The veggies in the crepes (spinach, mushrooms, onions) were fresh and the creamy filling was very filling - I couldn't finish!

The owner herself came with THREE complimentary desserts to apologize for the long wait. That fact alone shows that slow/bad service is NOT the norm at this place. The servers are definitely attentive, but not as much as your typical chain restaurant (where I find the attentiveness bordering annoying at times). I would say they have struck the perfect balance.

Desserts were seasonal - caramel covered apple with orange and red M&Ms, rum cake, and peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake. Apple was definitely my FAVORITE - great apple itself (probably from one of the many farmers market's in the area) but also perfect caramel. Owner informed us that all were house-made. Not a fan of rum cake in general, but it was one of the better ones I've tried. The cheesecake is for those of you who have a serious sweet-tooth. GREAT chocolate, very peanut-buttery, and graham-cracker (i think) crust. I don't think the average person could finish it, haha!

Overall, a little bit beyond what I would normally pay for this kind food (not expensive at all though), but the space itself and the live music compensate. Though the wait for our entrees was long, the free desserts definitely won us over! We're already planning our next visit :)

2  Thank Tabitha W
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've been here many times, so many in fact that I think there may only be a handful of dishes that I have yet to try, and I would recommend it again. Monday nights is tarot card night and also features live music. Last night the music was great, the singer was a mixture of bluegrass meets Indigo Girls and also had a male companion who sang and played guitar with her. She also agreed to play requests that we had.

In terms of food, I had my favorite, Steak and Mushroom Pie which features a bed of mashed potatoes, mushrooms, chunks of beef and brown gravy. Just writing this review, I kind of want more (thank goodness I have leftovers), The serving is big enough to satisfy a big appetite or serve as tomorrow's lunch. We also had their Duck Drummettes as an appetizer and were fantastic as always, nice and crispy with a spiced up plum sauce. For drinks, we had chardonnays and if you're like me and need help picking out the right wine, just ask--I did and got a winner...an Eve Chardonnay (not sure if I spelled that right).

Also, Lisa swung by the table and she chatted with us as usual...if you haven't checked it out after my last review, go...it's worth it. You can sit inside or outside, if you sit outside there is a little enclosed fire so be careful if fires cause any issues health or smell wise and the lighting may be an issue for some. I saw a review about traffic being a potential issue outside...it's Boynton Beach so I would take that with a grain of salt. It's not a place you go to for drink specials or a cheap meal out, but if you want a place that has great food, great atmosphere, and isn't a chain restaurant, then go check it out.