“Just what I expected.....”

Ginza Japanese Buffet
Ranked #45 of 322 Restaurants in Boynton Beach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
la libertad, ecuador
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what I expected.....”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

No complaints. I enjoy sushi once in a while, and this place offers me what I like. I am not a connaisseur of sushi but thoroughly enjoyed what they had to offer. Lots of crab choices. Nice that we could ask a chef to rustle up some shrimps for us on the grill while we waited. They also have meats and other buffet items, not just sushi. Service is good, place is clean, food is fresh. No complaints on my end. We have been here several times and always enjoyed our meal.

• Visited September 2013

boynton beach
“Just went to GINZA 1/6/2014”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I see a change in Japanese buffets in the area, this time I was disappointed. Here's why ! They are cutting the rolls to thin so it. Affects the tastes also the a/c was to cold and I do not feel comfortable . Server was new and I had to chance her for everything . Some of the quality was missing. The seaweed salad was bitter. This seems to be happening all over I have eaten in all in palm. Beach even boca which had warm sushi. So much for favorites , things change.

• Visited January 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Fresh, appetizing, great selection”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Not your ordinary buffet. This gastroextraveganza of sushi, sashimi, rolls and traditional Chinese menu items are presented in a modern, clean, inviting atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Marvin Z
Park Ridge
“The worst food I have ever attempted to eat!!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

A friend recommended this place today, December 7, 2013. It is by far, the worst Japanese buffet I have ever been to! The spinach sushi they offered was dry and hard. Other sushi was not fresh and some of it virtually tasteless. The lobster cantonese was in a sauce that was not a cantonese sauce. The chicken was the cheapest cuts of meat available. The steamed fish was a variety that I could not identify. Not talapia…in fact, I hope it did not come from one of the contaminated fish places in China. Even the red bean ice cream was nearly tasteless, and, had no red beans in it. It just seemed that everything was of the cheapest quality available.

What I should have realized is when you go to a restaurant in SE Florida, on a weekend in season, and, there is no waiting, they seat you right away because the place is half empty, there must be something wrong.

This place is great if you just want to eat until you explode and don't care about what you are eating. If you want a good Japanese buffet, then I suggest either the one in Boca Raton, on Glade Road near the Florida Turnpike, or, there is another one on Powerline Road in Boca. The price is about the same and they food is great, and a much larger selection.

One problem in this place is they did not replace an item until the very last piece was gone. Other places replenish the food when it is just a little over half gone.

I rarely rant and rave about a place, but, I can only say for those who have stated they love this place, maybe you should try one of the other places and you will see the difference.

• Visited December 2013
Boynton Beach
“Amazing Value, Fresh Sushi, Wide Variety + Teppanyaki”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Have dined here over a dozen times and the place never disappoints. You cannot find a better value in South Florida if you crave sushi, especially at lunch time. The dinner buffet is substantially expanded (e.g. raw oysters, cold snow crab legs, garlic lobster, etc.). Several types of salad/soup and even a fried/baked/teppanyaki section for those faint of heart with raw seafood. Fairly large dining area has accommodated a group of 14 friends before. The service is attentive and friendly; they quickly take your beverage order as soon as you are seated. A nice selection of desserts and ice cream are included. Have encountered a rare disappointment in the fried/grilled food section, but hey, this is a buffet. GORGEFEST time!

• Visited October 2013