“Much, much more than a tavern”

Village Tavern Boynton Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Tavern Boynton Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 323 Restaurants in Boynton Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is more than a neighborhood tavern. This is a full blown restaurant with a menu that fits all tastes. From a full service bar to a dining room with an open kitchen and a huge wine bottle display the venue is very comfortable for drinks or an entree at the bar or in the expansive dining room. The menu caters to all tastes ... fish, steaks, chicken, pastas, sandwiches and my favorite, the peppercorn burger. This is a regular stop on our dining out rotation.

1  Thank imshepp

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We had a reservation for 7:15 P.M. on a Wednesday night, and we were seated at 7:20. That was a great start, as reservations usually don't mean a thing in a place that is jammed in South Florida. Our waitress was Ashley, and she was very pleasant. However, we waited 15 minutes to get our wine, and shortly after that our salad arrived.
Just seconds after we finished the salad, our pizza and chicken dish were served. This isn't supposed to be a fast food restaurant, right?
The BBQ chicken pizza was hot and fresh, with a very thin crust. It was very tasty. Our other selection, which was Colorado chicken, was very disappointing. The piece of chicken was very small, and was luke warm at best. It was to be served with black beans, which were not on the plate. We had to get the waitress's attention, which was not an easy accomplishment, and the beans finally arrived 10 minutes after the chicken.
To sum up, the chicken was average, the pizza better. The service was Ok for a very busy night. The wine was good, and 1/2 price on Wednesdays. The prices are fair. The menu is vast, but our experience there was just average.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Hard to believe such a large restaurant with a vast menu can be so good. The portions are plentiful. The food is delicious. The service impeccable. We had Steven as our waiter and he was great. We had bruschetta, mozzarella, salad w salmon and steak. They treated us to a birthday dessert. Drinks $3...can't be beat. I suggest you go early and make reservations.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Went here for lunch and was seated outside. After a couple minutes we moved tables because of foul smell coming an open door from what I can only assume was there refuse/garbage room. One would hope that when serving food outside, to keep the door closed on the trash collection room. Even when we told the server why we moved tables, she just said, Oh yeah, I guess you can smell it. Otherwise, the food was just Ok. My salad was to be topped with chicken, however it was delivered missing the chicken. I had the waitress for chicken and all she had to say was, Yeah someone forgot to put it on the salad, I'll get you some. Given the lack of customer consideration, going to have to think twice before revisiting

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had a 7:15 reservation and arrived a little early.Front of the house young lady said it would be just a few minutes.Went to the bar for a drink and after about five minutes I was called for my table.My server was Jay P he was very knowledgeable and extremely accommodating .The dinning room was extremely busy but not noisy.I ordered the crab cake as an appetizer very good but you only get one for 10.95,most places you would get two.My main dish were the pork chops which were suggested by Jay,Great choice!!The came out just right.not dry.The mashed potatoes,excellent and not instant.Being on a carb steak,I also had the mac and cheese .(Yum) All in all a great experience.