“What once was great is not. ”

Village Tavern Boynton Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Tavern Boynton Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 322 Restaurants in Boynton Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Boynton Beach, Florida
“What once was great is not. ”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Valentines, 9:30 reservation. No problem, seated promptly.
Order the she crab soup wonderful, salad great entrees as good as always. We comment how this is the best and our favorite.
And then it all went downhill. Broccoli was tough, dry and unseasoned.
But wait lets have dessert and coffee. And wait and wait finally our waitress. I'll get you a menu, really?
You don't have them memorized or on a display???
So we have a menu and we wait....
Finally another waitress notices us sitting forlornly.
We say we give up, get our check pay and leave. Hate when a good restaurant forgets what kept us coming back.

“Outside lunch, wonderful fish and chicken, mediocre service”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

First time visit today was a mixed review. This is a huge , dark , cavernous, clubby restaurant inside, with a large menu. So we two sat outside overlooking the parking lot in a hectic area/ shopping center setting and really enjoyed our food. But our poor waitress was slammed all at once and the service left a bit to be desired. Others came to help but it did not save the day. I would give it another try but only one.

• Visited February 2014
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Good food, good servers, long wait”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We've frequented this restaurant on several occasions. The food is very good, the service is attentive but the wait for a table (even with reservations) is poor. They seem to consistently overbook customers, so even though we have made reservations every time we have dined at this venue, we have had to wait from 15 - 30 minutes after the appointed time, to be seated. The last time we were there, we were not seated until about 30 minutes after our reservation time, but the hostess made amends by offering 2 free appetizers which we accepted. We realize that it is difficult to control patrons who wish to dilly-dally at their table, but restaurant management should take a closer look at their booking practices to minimize wait times. Otherwise, the food is very good which of course is a primary reason this restaurant is so busy.

• Visited January 2014
New York
“So so food- more than average prices.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I have to say I know it was very busy but I was quite disappointed in the restaurant- not the staff! We had a 7 pm reservation and we were seated within minutes. We all ordered drinks, salads and dinner. I had one soda and they told me they ran out. Really of soda! I have never been to a restaurant where they ran out of soda. Ordered shrimp risotto and received maybe 8 cold shrimp on top of maybe a cup of risotto spread out to fill the plate. If I wasn't with my in laws I would have complained up the wazoo! My daughter ordered a grilled chicken cheddar cheese sandwich and half of it was grizzle. Oh and do I mention my dinner was $16.50. Not impressed with the food at all if they didn't have my favorite wine I would have ranked this restaurant a 2 but I will give them a 5 for the wine. I know Florida is busy during this time of year but that should effect the service not the food and Sam our waiter was excellent!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank LeeAnn1641
Utica, New York
“You can't go wrong with this place! Best Choice by far!!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

There were five of us, 3 adults a toddler and an 11 week old infant. We were seated in under 15 minutes, our waiter graciously offered to get a chair for the infant seat first, offered to bring the child's portion first, quickly appeared with crayons etc. too! Kept our drinks fresh, always came back quickly with whatever requested! The adults had fish and chips very good and portions plentiful, teriyaki grilled chicken again perfect size and taste of the whole dish was amazing , another fish order done perfectly too!
Even though the place is incredibly busy you felt like you were the table of utmost importance! Hats off to our waiter, and Chef!!!

• Visited December 2013