“housekeeper knocks on door way too early!!”

Courtyard Boynton Beach
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Boynton Beach
Orlando, Florida
“housekeeper knocks on door way too early!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This would have been a pretty good stay but the housekeeper knocked on the door at 9am. Check out is at 11. It was very upsetting to be disturbed and pressured to check out that early in the morning. Not very good mood when leaving hotel.

1 Thank rick f
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard Boynton Beach, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I thank you for choosing our Courtyard by Marriott as your accommodations while in Boynton Beach. I also would like to apologize about Housekeeping knocking on your door at 9am your day of check out.
I am sorry if you were disrupted and felt like you were being rushed out. I can assure you that this was not the case but I do know that is how it came across.
I will speak to the Staff and make sure that they are following the protocol for cleaning check out rooms.
I hope that you will continue your loyalty with the Marriott Brand and also give us another opportunity in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Perfect location for our visit, close to shopping and restaurants, not too far from beach. Nice clean rooms, clean lobby and yummy breakfast options at the Starbucks inside the lobby, well priced as well. However......July in Florida is HOT. We were very surprised to find that the air was not working in the room. We went to the lobby to let them know, and to our surprise they were well aware of the problem! The moment we said our room number the front desk person just shrugged and said "Oh yeah, the air isn't working in that room" They were fully booked so we were stuck in a hot room. The temperature was 81 inside the room! We had to walk out into the hallway just to breathe cool air. We spoke with 3 different employees and they were all aware of our room number and the issue with the air. I understand things break, but do not book a room that you know has issues. We had to call to get a refund since there was no one on site that could assist us, we were just given a business card for a manager that was not on site. It's a shame, because this is not the type of service we usually receive from Marriott, and we travel with them often.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our Courtyard by Marriott as your accommodations while in Boynton Beach.
I also would like to apologize about the situation with the air conditioner not working in your room. I certainly can empathize with you on that, like you said especially during the summer time in Florida.
I was not aware that we had a room that the a/c was not working property, I would have never rented that room out in that condition. I am glad that they were able to provide you with the refund since that was the right thing to do.
I hope in the future you give us another chance, I would love the opportunity to provide the service that Marriott is known for and that you expect.

Travelers are raving about these Boynton Beach hotels

DC Metro Area
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Good part: Room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Free WiFi included.

Not so good: Room was very small...As per the website, breakfast is not included (the 800 telephone agent tried to say it is). Limited food choices and dining space if you want to buy breakfast...Computers in the lobby were awful. Very old versions of the software that doesn't work at all sites. Computers were so slow that I had to pause input every 10 letters or so, for the computer to catch up with my typing....Front desk people were friendly but not too helpful. They were unable to give meaningful directions to the hotel and didn't understand my reservation question...

Room Tip: Hotel is south of the Congress/Gateway intersection. Hard to find. Turn into the shopping center a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard Boynton Beach, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Greetings,
I thank you for you choosing our Courtyard Marriott as your accommodations while in Boynton Beach Florida. I also thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
We do offer our Bistro as a great option for breakfast as well as dinner, everything we serve is made to order fresh.
I will look into the Business Center computers as I know that a fast and updated computer is what is expected at a Marriott property.
I apologize for any inconveniences that you may have had here and I thank you once again for choosing our Courtyard Marriott.
Kansas city
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed one night in July. The room left a lot to be desired. AC unit had no visual controls, we couldn't even unplug it. So the room was ice cold until we stuffed pillows over the vents.. Roaches crawling all over the tables..

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Markg0505
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard Boynton Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Good day Markg,

I thank you for choosing our Hotel as your accommodations while in Boynton Beach, Florida and thank you for your feedback on your experience.
Our rooms do have thermostats on the wall to control the temperature of the unit, i will make sure that the unit itself has an indication of that to avoid any further inconveniences.
I will have the room inspected immediately for any issues with pests and have them addressed if necessary.
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional product as well as service, so if we failed to provide that to you i sincerely apologize.
Thank you and I hope you continue your Loyalty with Marriott.
chapin, sc
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Returned two years later and still a great place. First, a big salute to Fatima at front desk who handled our check in June 22nd. She was most courteous, professional and accommodating. A very pleasant experience. Bistro still a wonderful place for a light meal and breakfast. Room clean and maintained......housekeeping on the spot. We will return again in several months for the third time.

Only thing i suggest is management put signs up and enforce that shirts and footwear required in lobby and Bistro area. Some beer bellied adult sans shirt male at computers in daytime and several adults, male and female, roaming around both lobby, Bistro and dining area barefooted were disgusting.

Room Tip: Use the pool area.... great experience. Use mid-hall rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Your pool area was gorgeous and never crowded. My room was nicely decorated and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job. We really enjoyed our stay. My only complaint is that one of the elevators was out of service the entire weekend and the air conditioning was exceptionally loud!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We certainly expected a little more attention to detail from a Marriott. I don't know how long it's been since it was converted from a Holiday Inn, but am disappointed that Marriott did not bring its usual finesse into the redecorating of the property. The room itself was comfortable, clean and well maintained, but the public areas are sorely lacking. The chairs are worn, torn and uncomfortable. We had to have our room cards re-keyed each night because they stopped working. The "out of order" sign on the elevator was removed from the lobby, but not from the floors. The staff was accommodating and pleasant, unlike the impression from other reviewers. The cafe messed up our breakfast order once out of three times. Not bad, but should not have happened on a simple breakfast order. The noise from the A/C compressor kept waking me up at night. I would stay here again because the rate we got was so good, and it's a convenient location for us when we stay in the Boynton Beach area. A little TLC on the interior will go a long way.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan K
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard Boynton Beach, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing our Courtyard Marriott as your accommodations while in Boynton Beach Florida. I apologize about the confusion with the breakfast order and agree that they should have made the order correctly to begin with. I appreciate your feedback on your stay as well as your loyalty to Marriott.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boynton Beach
#1 of 1 in Ocean Ridge
Delray Beach Marriott
Delray Beach Marriott
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Courtyard Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!