Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Boynton Beach
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The manager is not doing their job. The rooms are nice, although it took me 15 minutes of jiggling the wires on the TV to get it to work, The people at the front desk are downright rude. I walked into the lobby at about 9PM after a very long day, the woman at the desk didnt even look up and just said "Name". a hello would have been nice! I went down to the lobby a few minute later to print my boarding pass for the next day. The stations set up for boarding pass only did not connect to the internet, one of the 2 PCs in the business center did not connect either, After waiting 15 minutes while another guest was searching for "Guitar Picks" on Google, I went to the front desk for help, the same woman acted annoyed that I was bothering her.

The next morning we checked out, loaded the bags into the car and my wife went in and saked where there was coffee. Jessica told her that there was a Starbucks, but for her there was plain coffee available.

I don't know who the manager is, but sham on them for having 2 employees who are so rude. I rin my own company and I can tell you that the attitude towards the customer starts at the top and filters down.

I have stayed at countless Marriott brand hotels through the years, I will never return to this one.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kos816
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Good afternoon,

I first would like to thank you for staying with us at our Courtyard Marriott in Boynton Beach. Secondly I would like to apologize about the service you recieved and the issues with the Boarding Pass computers. I expect the same level of service from the Hotel Staff that you also have come to expect and the fact that you did not recieve that service is upsetting to me. I will take immediate action to ensure better service is being provided to all our guests. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and thank you for your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed a week in a handicapped room. It was spotless, the front desk staff and housekeepers were great, but there were safety issues.

The roll in shower was huge, had rails to grip, but the floor was dangerously slippery when wet. I asked for a tub mat but was never given one. I had to put towels on the floor to step on which made the water puddle even more and just created a mess: lots of wet towels in the shower from wiping up the wet floor. There wasn't a shower phone for emergencies. I shudder to think what would happen if someone fell. I don't know if the other rooms have similar showers. I suggest that someone head to Target to buy rubber floor mats for all the tile showers asap.

Another safety issue: The luggage carts are stored in the halls near the handicapped rooms. They block half the hall width. After my walker wheel hit an out turned cart wheel, I tripped and almost fell. We mentioned this to the management but were told there was no other place to put them. There is room in the lobby, lots of room. We were told it didn't look good. This is a hotel. People EXPECT luggage carts to be in the lobby, near people checking in or out.

This may be a fire code violation. Imagine people with walkers and wheelchairs trying to get past carts that block half the hall, while frantic travelers from the other rooms try to get past them, maybe climbing on or over the carts. These safety issues should be corrected.

We had asked for a microwave but were never given one, a small issue. Perhaps the hotel could reserve the microwaves for guests who stay over 4-5 days. We used the one in the pantry area which worked fine.

On a positive note, many travelers rent out the apartments behind the hotel for weeks or months and love them. The pool area has a great whirlpool and covered terrace. There is a pantry and bar and a conference center. You can walk to Carabbas and several restaurants and bars. The mall is nearby and more shopping and restaurants across the street. I would return if the safety issues were corrected.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Good afternoon,

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff provided great service. I also do appreciate the safety concerns that you mentioned, we will look into them right away. We take all feedback especially ones concerning safety and security very seriously. Thank you again and thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard Marriott Boynton Beach.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Overall disappointing stay. Some staff members were very helpful but rooms were very noisy (loud AC and thin walls -- we had to call front desk to ask neighbors to be quieter). If you go, be sure to request a room that isn't next to the elevator shaft or near the lobby.

The printer for printing boarding passes wasn't working for a few days. Staff knew about it, but didn't try to fix it or bother to put up a sign warning guests (I was alerted by another guest). Eventually one guest simply opened the top, cleared out the paper jam, and got it working. It then printed about 50 pages of queued-up boarding passes. at which point the toner ran out. Hotel staff was again notified, but didn't take any responsibility to try to address the problem and still didn't leave a sign about the problem.

One day we returned at 3:15 to find room wasn't made up. We asked to speak to a manager; no one ever contacted us.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I would like to thank you for choosing our Courtyard Marriott while in Boynton Beach Florida. I also would like to apologize about the situation that was happening with the Business Center. I can only imagine your frustration and I can say with certainty that the service you recieved is not the norm here. I will address these concerns immediately and I truly thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed one night was visiting relatives. We arrived late and the front desk staff was very courteous. The elevator, however, reeked of mildew. The room was average and the bed was about the hardest I have ever slept in. While we did not take advantage of the pool, the outdoor area did look very attractive and the Bistro had good service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Patrick H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Good morning,

Thank you for choosing our Courtyard Marriott while visiting Boynton Beach. I do apologize about the odor in the elevator and I also appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback.

Patrick

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We often stay at Marriott Courtyards and are pleased. While the front desk & reservations were responsive, the hotel is looking quite sad. We checked in around 6:00 pm on a Monday evening. The food area near the lobby was looking messy and quite shabby. After purchasing a few bottles of water I noticed the entire area in need of a serious facelift. Our room was fine although the bed was short sheeted, which I thought was an old camp trick!! The bathroom had plenty of towels although only a shampoo was provided. Overall I think this Courtyard needs a complete renovation and soon.as The pricing is for a top quality experience and that is not what you will receive.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

THE STAFF - I compliment the staff all of whom were very friendly and accommodating; exactly what one would expect at a Marriott. Excellent. Not a single complaint.

THE AMENETIES – I didn’t really partake. We were gone a lot but the pool, bistro, and workout facilities were quite nice. In room WiFi was lighting fast. (I was in a villa).

THE HOTEL – Very nice. Modern. Clean. Bright. Very nice.

THE PRICE – Very good for a villa.

THE ROOM – Well, with a little TLC it could be great. I stayed in a villa with my wife and two young children. When I opened the door I said, “Wow, this is really nice!” My wife agreed. Big, clean, updated kitchen, dining table, washer and drier, safety blinds (no loops), updated bathrooms, loft, three TVs. However, as time went on we noticed lots of little things that really detracted from our stay. For example, the stopper in the bath tub was broken, and not just broken but broken off in the drain. I would have needed pliers to unscrew the old shaft. Five minutes and $5 dollar fix. Not a huge deal until you try dealing with a wife who is all set for a bath and can’t have one. So she took a shower only to find that the hair drier was broken. One window, the one overlooking the pool to which the kids gravitated was FILTHY, I mean crusty crud covered like other kids had done exactly what my kids were doing. Who knows what kind of germs lived on that window. Thirty seconds and bottle of window cleaner would have done the trick. They never cleaned it. I did after day two. The patio door lock was broken. Not a big deal being on the second floor. And there was door stop but still…Accordion style closet door missing a knob with an exposed screw almost made for a very nasty cut. The point is this for $20 and 30 minutes worth of labor I would have had absolutely no complaints.

It’s great for families, I recommend it and I will likely stay there again but please pay a little more attention to detail. You have a real gem here. Show it some love.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for choosing our Courtyard Marriott while in Boynton Beach. I apologize about the attention to detail in the Villa, you are 100% correct and I certainly will be looking at that room and the other units as well. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and your willingness to take the time of your day to provide it.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We just had a long stay at this hotel, after a very pleasant stay a year ago, and we're sad to find that the venue has gotten rather shabby. Nothing terrible, but I expect more from Marriott. When we checked in, we had to assert ourselves to get the room we had requested. The service in general was quite good, though, with the exception of one desk clerk (Rachel) who was the first rude and unhelpful employee I have ever had to deal with at a Marriott.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Good afternoon, I am sorry to hear that your interaction with one of our Staff members was not up to Marriott standards. I will review the situation and improve in everyway possible. I thank you for taking the time to leave your experience on Trip Advisor and thank you for your loyalty to Marriott.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boynton Beach
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach
Hyatt Place Delray Beach
Hyatt Place Delray Beach
#2 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!