“Le Garbage”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Le Jardin
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Le Garbage”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

The servers are like automatons with no personalities and not adequate training. I ordered the pasta putenussca and was served the pasta primavera. Although I wanted to cancel the order, they insisted that it wouldn't take long to prepare the dish I wanted. When the waiter returned, the dish, was still pasta primavera with some olives. When I remarked on this, no apologies. It's the equivalent of a boiler room of restaurants. You can do better elsewhere.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Lauren P
Lauren,

I apologize as to the horrible service you had recently. I too sensed that customer service at Le Jardin waning. As the owner, I quickly made the necessary adjustments by hiring a great manager to oversee how we treat our patrons. Our manager brings a lot of experience working with customers in order to ensure the best customer experience while dining at Le Jardin.

Regarding your dinner, again, this has a lot to do with the wait service. Your waiter should know the difference between Pasta Primavera and Pasta Puttanesca. To remedy this problem, we have done away with our Food Runners (the person who brings out the dinners) and we now require that the waiter/waitress delivers the dinners to the table. This way, the waiter/waitress can ensure that the dinner is correct before delivering it to the table. I do not blame the chef, I hold the wait staff accountable.

Again, I apologize for the horrible experience but I would encourage you to return to Le Jardin, try us out again, and provide a follow-up review based on the changes. Thank you - George

Maryland
“Don't waste your money.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Ate here New Year's Eve and was sorry I didn't go to Wendy's. It would have been better and I normally wouldn't consider eating there. We had reservations for 8 pm which the man at the desk did not want to honor but did. We were out by 9 pm-- for a full course dinner! The food must have been pre-made as it came out quickly and the dishes were very hot. I can't remember the last time I was served canned vegetables either. All in all, not a good experience.

Misstourguide,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding my restaurant.

On a major holiday event such as New Year's Eve, we prepare, from scratch, our dinners based on the number of reservations. Our selected main dishes are prepared fresh that day as well as our vegetables - I assure you, as the owner, they are not canned.

On New Year's Eve, we offer only a select few main entree items which allows the kitchen to speed up the process in order to bring your food to your table as fast as possible.

I apologize that you did not have a good experience. Le Jardin was recently purchased, by me, in October of 2011. I have made significant changes to the staff and the process as to how we work with our customers. Changes have been made. I would ask that the next time you are down in Boynton Beach, to please stop by and try us out again. Thank you, George
“A hole in the wall...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I had received their coupons several times on the mail. therefore, I figured I would give it a try... They do honor The prices as advertised ,which is good! This rest. Is literally hiding within the same plaza where the Wendy's is located. We arrived at 4:00pm on the dot and there were no other customers our server put his shirt on as we walked in. It seems like the chef and the waiters might be related making it a true family rest. The portion was perfect even for an athlete unless you order the filet mignon (tiny) the special included a drink, meal and desert, the deserts are outsourced from a bakery in ft lauderdale but delivered fresh to this rest. Overall, the fish dishes that we ordered did not smell like fish and The presentation was ok, but the plates should probably be replaced they look really worn out. The atmosphere/ interior reminds me of an old Chinese rest. however the food was surprisingly good.

2 Thank yessy
Yessy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

On 1 October, I purchased Le Jardin. I appreciate the positive feedback regarding the food and service. Since taking over, I have made numerous changes to the restaurant. Though customer service was positive in your review, we have taken great strides to improve the customer experience.

Regarding the atmosphere, we have completely remodeled the dining room making it a truly great dining experience - no more old Chinese feel! Thanks again, George
boynton beach
“food is terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

they have been going down hill.. the staff was good this trip..but we went on a mon and by 7.pm we were the only ones there..the dish we had was eggplant&spagetti, seafood spagetti.. both were wanting.the spagetti tasted like they dropped the pepper shaker into it. what was good blueberry pie and coffee. sad to say the owner better improve the food.. also had a sfd coupon we were charged from the retail menu.the posted prices are $10.00-13.00.the retail they never charge, so by doing that made any savings on sfd coupn worthless..

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank BoyntonBeachSteve
Davie, Florida
“Don't go!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

We arrived one minute after 8 PM, and the young waiter said we were too late, the kitchen was closed. We thought it was a joke, be he said no. We pointed out that we had a 8PM reservation, and it was just 8PM. The hostess grudingly showed us a table, and the bad tempered waiter asked if we were ready to order before we sat down. To make a long story short, the service was terrible, the food was okay, the ambience is bad, and we were rushed out by 8:50PM. If this is a french restaurent, I'm Louis XVI. Don't even think about going there

• Visited August 2011