“Do you have a helicopter?”

Streamsong Golf Clubhouse
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Streamsong® Golf Clubhouse, a place so far removed from the ordinary it’s hard to believe it’s in Florida. The land, with its towering sand dunes, unexpected shifts in elevation and windswept prairie grasses, creates a unique canvas for some of the most creative holes in golf. It’s the first location in the world where the acclaimed golf course architects Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw and Tom Doak of Renaissance Golf Design have collaborated to create two 18-hole, intertwining golf layouts – Streamsong® Red and Streamsong® Blue. To properly experience the beauty of Streamsong, walking is encouraged and caddie and forecaddie services are available.At the heart of this unparalleled golf experience is the Streamsong Golf Clubhouse. Its features include: 12 guest rooms, Restaurant Fifty-Nine serving three meals daily, an inviting lounge, perfect for that after-play banter, a well-appointed golf shop, a lakeside terrace overlooking the bye hole, caddie and forecaddie services and 4,500 square feet of meeting space.In early 2014, Streamsong Resort lodge will open offering 216 guest rooms, multiple restaurants, spectacular lounge areas, fishing, sporting clays and much more.Streamsong is different than any other resort in countless ways, all of them wonderful.
Pensacola, Florida, USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Do you have a helicopter?”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The facility rates an "excellent," but how can anyone give that fifth circle to a location that doesn't even appear on the nav system? (Honestly, everything within a 30 mile radius is grey on the screen)

I don't know how the owners are going to maintain the venture. Even as I say that, they have an incredible asset. (Actually, several, two courses, a resort hotel with every amenity and the shop itself) What's missing beside a findable location is a dressing room and shower after a long, hot day on the course.

Visited June 2014

Boca Raton, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bring your "A" game”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

These courses test every bit of your game. Make sure you walk. Service, caddies, and food were top notch. Classy folks

Visited May 2014
1 Thank SMiller950
NC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not worth the fuss. Many better golf destinations”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Played 18 with my son on Masters Sunday this year and the course made a nice enough first impression. Fast, true greens, fairways with some slope to them, and several pretty shots over water. Sort of what you'd expect for a $100-120 round of resort golf. But at double that price, everything ought to impress. And this is where Streamsong falls badly short.

It's 100+ miles from Sarasota, Orlando, Jacksonville or West Palm, and even 60+ miles from Tampa, so maybe that's why service everywhere is mediocre. Not a big talent pool to draw from. And it shows. From the caddies to the cart girl to the pro shop to the restaurant, nobody seemed proud of their job or the facility.

The Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons can both consistently make a $22 burger and fries a "wow" customer experience, even in the middle of nowhere. (see Reynolds Plantation in Georgia)

If you want a "wow" golf experience, go elsewhere. If Streamsong is in your budget, we'd recommend Kiawah, Sawgrass, or Doral. If it's a bit of a stretch (as it was for us) then head to the RTJ trail, World Golf Village, or Hilton Head. There MANY better choices.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank JaybirdNC
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wait a while until the get it figured out”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We had 12 guys spending around $3,000 each staying in the clubhouse for 3 nights and 6 rounds of golf.

First; the courses are really good, but the wind is brutal out there and makes the Blue Course nearly unplayable. We were not told that it was going to be cart path only for the entire time and that carts are not allowed out until after 9:30 AM????What???? If it is cart path only, then what is the big deal. Well, after doing some thinking, the reason they do this is because they are trying to promote a caddy program and almost force caddies on you. I get it; Streamsong is 45 minutes away from anything and the only way they can have a caddy program is to ensure that if they make the drive out that they are secured a caddy gig for the day. My Caddy, who was great all 3 days confirmed this. There is no caddy master as well and this needs to be addressed as well.

Now, $3K per person, 12 guys, well, you do the math on how much we spent, and this is without the food that was pricey at the resort and $120 per round for caddies.

The kicker for me was my caddy asked me why I did not put my personalized bag tag on my bag, and I responded that we had not received them. On the last day, I walked into the shop where I met a gentleman by the name of Michael who is inflicted with Lack-Of-Hospitality Disease. I told him who we were and asked if we could get out bag tags that were supposed to be part of the package. He stated that the policy on the bag tags was changing and he did not even know where the tags were. He then followed that up by stating that he even thinks that the engraver was not working and no one knows how to fix it. Not what I wanted to hear. I told him that this was disappointing and that the only bag tag I had from Streamsong was my paper bag claim check when I checked in, and that we would really like our bag tags even if they do not have our names on them. He looked at me frustrated and stated that he will look into it. Basically, he brushed me off.

After the round, I went back in and spoke to Michael again and asked if he looked into it for me. He replied, "looked into what?" I repeated my request and stated that again this was very disappointing. He then walked away from me to the back office and came back with 4 tags and plopped them on the counter. I thanked him but stated we had 12 in our group and he stated, "How Many!!!??? He walked away again and then threw them on the counter. I thanked him and walked away. Michael has no justification for treating me or anyone in that manner and I implore management to speak to him and train the entire staff on the fundaments of hospitality. For the amount of money we paid, this is unacceptable.

Overall, I would not recommend this resort experience to anyone until they get it figured out. Remember, along with the $3K that I spent for 3 nights and 6 rounds of golf, I had to pay an additional $120 per round for a caddy. There are much better alternatives out there for less money and better service.

7 Thank Philip L
Knoxville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Golf is good. Food is below par”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

The golf at Streamsong is very good. Not as good as Bandon Dunes or Whistling Straits, but very good. The food at P209 is horrible as is the service. Clubhouse food is average.

Visited March 2014