“Great links golf in an out of the way location in Florida”

Streamsong Golf Clubhouse
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Streamsong® Golf Clubhouse, a place so far removed from the ordinary it’s hard to believe it’s in Florida. The land, with its towering sand dunes, unexpected shifts in elevation and windswept prairie grasses, creates a unique canvas for some of the most creative holes in golf. It’s the first location in the world where the acclaimed golf course architects Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw and Tom Doak of Renaissance Golf Design have collaborated to create two 18-hole, intertwining golf layouts – Streamsong® Red and Streamsong® Blue. To properly experience the beauty of Streamsong, walking is encouraged and caddie and forecaddie services are available.At the heart of this unparalleled golf experience is the Streamsong Golf Clubhouse. Its features include: 12 guest rooms, Restaurant Fifty-Nine serving three meals daily, an inviting lounge, perfect for that after-play banter, a well-appointed golf shop, a lakeside terrace overlooking the bye hole, caddie and forecaddie services and 4,500 square feet of meeting space.In early 2014, Streamsong Resort lodge will open offering 216 guest rooms, multiple restaurants, spectacular lounge areas, fishing, sporting clays and much more.Streamsong is different than any other resort in countless ways, all of them wonderful.
Big Pine Key, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great links golf in an out of the way location in Florida”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We played both courses twice. Links style somewhat similar to whistling straights. Definitely not up to Bandon Dunes but very nice. The feel is a little sterile due to the modern architecture of the clubhouse. The hotel which opens soon is a monstrosity. Looks like a pharma building in New Jersey.
Overall the golf was fun and the courses have grown in nicely.

1 Thank Fishbuster

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Very Solid. You will enjoy it.”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I played the Blue Course the Monday before Thanksgiving. I didn't get a chance to play the red course because I ran out of daylight. The blue course has very forgiving fairways and the greens were the best I have seen in Florida. They were perfect. The rate was $150 and then you either had to walk or pay another $100 for a forecaddie with a cart or a straight caddie to carry your bag. I just rented a pull cart for $15 and walked it. It was very very enjoyable. I've played Bandon Dunes, Kiawah and Pinehurst #2. I'd ranked this right behind Bandon but in front of the other two courses. Great setup. Great condition. Great greens. Worth the trip.

FYI. The hotel wasn't fully built yet, so I can't vouch for that..but it looks nice.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Senateguy
Tequesta, Florida
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“New - but it has good bones”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Streamsong has come out of the blocks with super hype and both courses are somehow rated in the top 100 in the country. We took 20 buddies up to Streamsong from Jupiter in late October and spent three days walking the Red & Blue Courses. The consensus was that the Red course is a better course with long par 4's and well defined landing areas. The Blue course had very dramatic greens which were more difficult to putt. The turf is still a little thin but I know they are trying to get Links like conditions in Florida. They did a good job but time will tell if they can maintain the firm and fast turf in Florida. The clubhouse and pro shop were first rate. However the logistics around the clubhouse are a nightmare. All the staff was complaining about it while we were there.

3 Thank hineconsult
DarienJim
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“No Bandon Dunes but a great alternative for East Coasters”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Streamsong Review

There has been some written here so I'll try not to repeat. You now the Streamsong story by now: Mosiac, one of the largest phosphorus miners in the world built two golf course, Red and Blue, on their reclaimed land to show the State and regulators what a good corporate citizen could do. Courses opened in December 2012.

Today there is a clubhouse with 16 rooms above for those like us that want to stay on property, and 200+ room hotel is opening in February 2014.

Let me give you the headline: this want to be Bandon Dunes resort is no Bandon Dunes but this is a great place to go for East Coasters that don't want to travel ten hours to Bandon OR.

The Blue course was my wife and my favorite, and not just because I just missed a hole in one on picturesque #7 over the water by 11". This Tom Doak course has nice typography (better than Blue) and very Old Macdonald like greens which require a PHD to put.

The Red course was designed by Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore and is more challenging if for no reason tighter fairways. Probably better golfers will like Red better it I think 17/18 finish on Blue is better.

As far as the full experience, here is my report card:

Golf Courses: B+ (A would be say Pine Valley)
Very, very good, a notch behind my favorite Florida course Medallist and on par with PGA National Championship Course. Defiantly a different feel from your average run of the mill Florida flat boring golf courses.

Club House Rooms: A
Modern, Clean and spacious with a nice view to the golf course.

Club House: A-
The minus is only due to the fact that the sunsets are covered by a couple of sand dunes. Wish we could see it better.

Restuarant Food: A-
For lunch try the blacken grouper sandwich and onion rings. Dinner the shrimp scampi and crab cakes where great. Supposedly they are know for their steaks but I would not say they were killer. Wine list needs diversity and improvement.

Restaurant Service: C
Way too little sense of urgency. For example, waited 15 on deck to get a drink while I noted four people standing around. Need to do a better job of turning tables for those playing 36.

Caddies: B
Our main caddy, JT, is an A+ (ask for him), but our second caddy was he and did not know the course which is unacceptable they let him out on his own given all the blind shots. The third caddy talked way too much.

Overall Service: B
Staff are courteous and helpful, especially the gold staff. But in general again way too much lack of helpful attitude, similar to restaurant staff. For example, the sunscreen went missing in the ladies locker room after the first day, when my wife pointed that out, the guy said "we don't get a lot of women so it just depends whom is cleaning the bathroom!" He should have said "I'll take right care of that."

Overall this is a fun place and I hope they build 2-4 more golf courses!! If so, I'll be back.

Pleasanton, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Nice layout, nice shape, with an ego”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I really enjoy Coore and Crenshaw courses (Bandon Trails) and was excited to give Streamsong Red a try. Service is excellent right from the parking lot to the pro shop but this level of service will cost you. Even though the course is supposedly set up for walking, which I did, 90% of players take carts. If you take a cart you must hire a caddie for the group. When I requested a pin sheet I was given a blank stare. Ok, pin position? red/white/blue flags?. Nope. Well how will I know where the pin is? Hire a caddie was the response I received. I followed a foursome with the required caddie and on every shot the golfer got out of the cart and stood by their ball until the caddy ran over and "shot" the pin with a range finder. Seriously? This is how golf was intended to be?
The courses are more like Chambers Bay than Bandon Dunes but still very unique for Florida. I played without a caddie and found my way around just fine. I did 3 putt quite a bit as the greens do play like links greens. The slope and ratings are pretty tame and I believe golfers from every level can enjoy the resort, it is a resort after all. I found it not nearly as difficult as Bandon.
Try to grab a deal, walk the course, and enjoy.

1 Thank BG-CA