“Great Hidden BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Estero, FL
“Great Hidden BBQ”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were travelling south on 17 when we passed the big black smoker in front of the place (it's on the north side of 17) and decided to turn around and give it a try. Joe was outside amongst his many cookers behind the fence. We went in and chose a table before stepping up to the counter to order.
Well the portions were huge and the tastes were pure authentic. A few of the orders took a little longer but when it is all cooked from scratch, it's a sacrifice worth waiting on.
I would have to say I have a new stopping point along 17.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank scoutdreams

Winter Haven, Florida
“Best ribs ever!!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The ribs are the best ones in the galaxy.
Im a fan of bbq sauce but the ribs are so good that I didnt use any sauce!!!

• Visited June 2014
Naples, Florida
“Unpretentious setting delivering real quality food”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

What a find. Its setting is on a busy street with a large black smoker outside. The cafe/restaurant part is spartan but clean. The tables comfortable and the orders placed at the counter. What matters is how good the B'bq is. I had the ribs which were cooked perfectly and my guest had risket again cooked perfectly. Both came with two sides - cooked freshly from fresh ingredients. The value was exceptional.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank RaiDoc
NC
“BBQ & Truck Stop - it has to be good”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Ate with my teenage son after a round of golf. Two sandwiches, soda, and sides, all for less than a burger without fries or a drink at nearby Streamsong.

This is what you should expect in Polk County FL. Real people, real food, real down home flavor.

Visited April 2014
Clermont, Florida
“If I lived near by.... I'd weigh 2,000 lbs”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Ok, we drove by this place heading south on Highway 17 at about . They already had the smoker that is in front of the building fired up and in full cooking mode. We could see the smoke from quite a distance and not to much further down the road the smell of the BBQ was off the hook. We went to a creek off of the Peace River for a day of fossil hunting. When done we made a "B" - Line right to Smokin' Joe's. This is a counter service restaurant but it had ample in side seating and a salad bar. The dining area was very clean and the fixing counter had plenty of condiments. We were kind of covered in mud from our fossil hunting so I placed our order and we at one of the picnic tables they had out front. I had the 9 inch Cuban. It was cut in 3 sections and had about 1/4 pound of pulled pork, good size portion of ham and swiss cheese, pickles, mustard and I added jalapenos to it. Danielle had the pulled pork combo. This sandwich was on one of the biggest buns i've see. It had to have at least 1/2 pound of lean pulled pork. It also came with 2 sides so we ordered to baked beans and cole slaw. Both were pretty tasty. They had Sweet, Tangy, Spicy and regular BBQ sauce. All were home made and very good. Even after a hard day of digging we were only able to eat 1/3 of my Cuban and 1/2 of the pulled pork along with the 2 sides. The rest will be for lunch today and we may still have some left overs. All of this plus 2 cans of soda for just about $15.00. Needless to say if i lived nearby this would be a frequent meal and I could easily gain 2,000 pounds.

• Visited March 2014