“Not ready for prime time”

Reserve with OpenTable
Angelina's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Across From The Ship
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had to wait a very long time to be served, and when the food finally came they brought the entree and forgot our appetizers. The explanation was that they had a new chef. The food, however, was good. I would wait for the chef to figure out what he is doing before returning to this restaurant.

3  Thank appellateman
Marie W, Guest Relations Manager at Angelina's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Appellateman,

First and foremost, thank you for your business and for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience. Angelina's consistently strives to maintain the highest standards in operations and unfortunately we fall short of that mark on occasion. We hope that you allow us to earn back your business. Your feedback will be passed along and addressed internally.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We ate here for Christmas Eve dinner. The service was impeccable from everyone. The valet was friendly and energetic, the server was the perfect mix of proper and friendly and very helpful. I was trying to tell my husband where the bathroom was and someone noticed and came over and walked him there. Really perfect. The menu is extensive so you should always be able to find something you want. You can order half portions so you can try more if you can't make up your mind. There was a live piano player in the bar area which looked very nice. Oh, yes, the food... The food was excellent!!! Our group tried some of the pizzas, a fish special and some pasta and all was fabulous. We are foodies and not easy to impress but we loved it here and can't wait to get back!

Marie W, Guest Relations Manager at Angelina's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear mimskrad,

Thank you for your business and on such a special occasion. We strive to consistently maintain the highest standards in the industry and it is such a pleasure to hear when we meet and exceed guests expectations. Your kind words will be shared with the team at Angelina's and we look forward to hosting you and your guests again soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We ate here for the first time last night and the kitchen was having a melt-down. Apparently they have a new chef, right as high season kicks in - yikes. But, an hour and a half after sitting down and we were just receiving our Caesar salads. It took another half hour for the pasta dishes and, thank goodness, that was all that we had ordered.

In fairness, I give the a Very Good rating because the food was excellent, when we finally got it. And, the general manager did come over about an our and a half into the meltdown and apologize profusely. She tried everything in her power to make things right and was very genuine. We gave her a lot of credit for this.

So, we will visit again and give the new Chef and her team another chance.

1  Thank Alice W

Dear Schm00py,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to review your experience with us on Trip Advisor. Your feedback will be passed along to the appropriate contact and addressed internally.
We strive to consistently maintain the highest standards in the industry and occasionally we can fall short of that. We are glad to hear that the evening went well for you and your guests and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful interior, patio. Great food and service. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Our experience was great.

Dear Dream_traveler88,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that we have met and exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was my first time here, and I was impressed. I find most restaurants in SW FL to be mediocre with untrained staff and owners that cut back on essentials, like hot water in the bathroom, or keeping the restaurant too hot in the summer.

I was here with a group of ladies for a birthday/holiday celebration. From the valet and the hostess, who helped us cart our gifts in, to the valet who helped a guest that needed assistance getting out of the car, to the wonderful server, Claudia, who was easily one of the best servers in SW FL, everything was perfect. And the food was fabulous.

This is a fancy restaurant with prices that I thought were reasonable given the atmosphere, service and the quality of food.

Everything is a la carte but the salads are big enough to split between two people if you want a salad before dinner. We split a caprese salad and it was one of the best I've had. Not overdressed, not too much balsamic, the mozzarella was fresh and tasty.

Claudia recommended a wine from Italy. It was a blend and it was one of the better bottles I've had at a restaurant. Fancy places like this have fancy wine prices. Our bottle was $50 and I was not expecting it to be as good as it was. Often, a $50 bottle of wine at a high end restaurant is not that good. I am not sure what this wine retails for in the market, but I felt it was a good value for the money. The sommelier knows what he is doing.

I ordered gnocchi and it was perfect. It's hard to find decent gnocchi but this was excellent. I was debating between the gnocchi and the ravioli but settled on the gnocchi. Claudia knew I was debating on what dish to order, so she brought me 4 ravioli with my gnocchi. This is just one example of the kind of service you will get here. She did similar things for the other guests. Gnocchi is a heavy dish and I had enough to take home for another meal. The portion sizes are decent - which is another thing you don't find at fancy restaurants.

I ordered strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was nice to have a choice of dessert that wasn't "chocolate or cheesecake" explosion in term of heaviness and richness. They have that if you want it, but it was nice to have a choice of something lighter.

The strawberries were like they were still in season and lightly dusted in a simple syrup with a vanilla scone and a dollop of homemade whipped cream. Perfect. You can taste the strawberries, rather than the sugar. The scone was fresh and the perfect accent.

I will be back and I hope this place keeps up the great work.

1  Thank clubnev

Dear clubnev,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to review your recent experience on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that everything went as anticipated for your special event. It is great to hear when we meet and exceed guest expectations. Your feedback will be passed along internally and we look forward to hosting you and your guest again soon.