“Beautiful Lake-side Hotel”
Review of Trianon Bonita Bay

Trianon Bonita Bay
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is the second time we stayed at the Trianon. However, the first time we had to leave at 7AM so we did not get to appreciate the amazing views from the backyard courtyard. Absolutely fabulous.

The room was extra spacious. The only downside was the coffee service. You can have 2 cups each of tea, coffee, and decaf. However, there is only sugar, cream, etc... for one cup. I tried to explain the issue to the morning clerk but she seemed to have a comprehension issue.

Regardless, the free breakfast is one of the best we have ever had and rates are extremely reasonable. Check the website.

Room Tip: Every room we've been in has been great.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack S

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Once again a wonderful vacation at the Trianon, made special by the loverly people who work their nothing is too much trouble, it's such a relaxing place to stay, we always look forward to the Trianon part of our vacation, and can not wait till the next

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights over the thanksgiving week. The hotel is very nice and the staff was polite, attentive and helpful, but the rooms could be cleaner and the pool was a mess (very dirty). We enjoyed the continental breakfast, newspapers and coffee. I found the bed to be very comfortable albeit a little soft for my liking, but the rest of the family slept great.

Since we were visiting family in the Bonita Bay complex, the location was fantastic and the price was great. All and all, I would probably try another place next time around.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pond are a little nicer than the ones facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jude R
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend. What a pleasure! The hotel is charming and on a small lake. Location is ideal -- very close to many, many restaurants and to the beach. It is quiet and caters more to couples than family, which is great with us.
The pool area is small and nothing special but at these rates and with the beach so close it is not an issue.
We loved it -- worth splurging for a lake view room on the first floor.

Room Tip: Loved our room on the first floor on the lake side but I think all lakeside rooms would be nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jdjd2
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have just completed our 6th or might even be our 7th visit to the trianon hotel, reading all the other reviews up to a point I can see what visitors see as the down side to the hotel , but when you stay for 2 weeks you get to see every thing and we feel can give a more balanced view and yes there are things can can be improved like the breakfast and yes we would all like new and unmarked furniture in the bedrooms but overall we love the place and we will be back in September 2014 ( flights are booked ) we understand the promenade shopping complex opposite is undergoing refurbishment ready to re-open any time soon. Beaches and shopping only 15 minutes away restaurants also close by.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stubods
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Bonita Springs, Florida site is European style with old world appeal. It offers a quiet and convenience for those on a budget with charming features. The continental breakfast is simple but served on lovely fine china. The resturant on site, 'The Lake House Bar & Grill' offers a happy hour and the food is always good, and is offering yummy local fish sandwiches and sweet potato fries. The resturant staff is top notch and the quiet lake scenery from the deck and bar resturant is worth the price $$-$$$. The pool is quaint, with ample seating around the lake and/or under the hotel awning. The hotel offers free WIFI on the property. My self serve morning breakfast and coffee in china cup and saucer, Interent access outside, was a delightful and relaxing change. This is a value for those on budget. The rooms offer European vaulted ceilings and balcony views. If the hotel invests in new bedspreads and freshening the tile in large showers, the price is sure to go up. I recommend, it is near the beach and walking distance to local grocery store.

Room Tip: Balcony with chairs and table or just a step out on to small balcony. Especially, enjoyed opening b...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Corinne-Darling R
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I don't waste my time writing reviews about hotels normally. However as I am too disapointed about this stay, I felt like my experiences could help others.

A. The hotel looks nice from outside. However the interior is very old. And when I say old, I mean old, not nostalgic.
1. The bed is too soft most probbly because of its age.
2. The furniture is full of dents and chips.
3. You can even smell the age of the room.

B. The cleaning standard is very low. Although the hotel management copies and pastes the same expression about their ''very high cleaning standards'' and how they will take precautions about the problems to every complaint in Trip Advisor they never seem to make any improvements. Here here is what I saw:
1. The AC unit was obviously never cleaned. The air duct was full of balls of dust, dirt and mold.
2. There were rusty metal parts and broken ceramics in the bathroom.
3. There was a very obvious, and large blood stain on the bed sheet. There was a black stain on the bed cover, similar to grease stain.
4. Carpets were old and worn out.
5. The burning smell that came out of the AC was horrible. We immediately turned off the AC but we couldn't open up the windows to get rid off the smell as there were no mosquito nets at the window. So we had to sleep with the smell.

C. The hotel lacks a lot of equipment in the room that you can easily find in a 2 or 3 star hotel:
1. No fridge
2. And ofcourse no microwave either.

D. I have seen better breakfast in a two star hotel. For the price you pay and for the standard that the hotel claims it is, you expect at least a decent one.
1. The quality of the food was low.
2. The variety of the food was very limited.
3. There was no fork in the breakfast. When we asked for one, they gave a look at us like we asked for a very rare thing and hardly gave a plastic fork.

E. Internet connection was very poor. It took 15-20 minutes just to get our e-mails. Connection repeatedly droped off.

F. No sound isolation in the room at all.
1. You can ''clearly'' hear other rooms around you.
2. When another room closes their door our room shaked with noise. I thought someone was knocking on the door several times and later on understood that it was the doors of the neighbouring rooms.

G. Receptionist was quite rude to me. When I asked for a microwave he took me to this tiny place where they also keep the breakfast items and told me ''just don't touch anything else'' like I would steal the cheap breakfast items left for tomorrow.

And the worst part is this hotel has the price of a 4 star but got the standard of a two star.
Thankfully we were precautious and booked only one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Murat U
skystacy1969, Director of Sales at Trianon Bonita Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We appreciate you recognizing all of the things in the guest room that needed our attention. We’re so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our guest's comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority and we have addressed your concerns with our team. We hope that next time your travels bring you to our area you’ll visit us again so that we may have an opportunity to deliver a true Trianon experience! Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.