“Wish we could have stayed longer.”
Review of Trianon Bonita Bay

Trianon Bonita Bay
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
“Wish we could have stayed longer.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for just a might. We got here late, but the person at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. He even got us different pillows that were not stuffed with down. The room was a great size. Not even cramped with a ports crib set up. It was bittersweet to wake up to such a beautiful view and have to leave it.
Breakfast was a typical continental, but what made it awesome was the furnishings and the fact that I got to eat on real plates and use real cups. Someone even brought us a high chair to use outside and we didn't even ask.
We were very disappointed to have to leave this place and its pools, hot tub ,tiki bar, kiddie pool, beautiful views and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank TACahoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Massachusetts
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is set in a strip mall but is completely surrounded by wonderful foliage and a very nice pool. However, our room smelled of smoke. I don't know if I had neglected to request a non smoking room because I am used to NYC where you cannot smoke inside, but, in any case, it was a strong whiff and then was gone the next time we entered.

My daughter and mother were in a different room. As they were unpacking, ANOTHER FAMILY WALKED IN. The room had been assigned to two parties. Could be funny but what if it had been someone not so reputable checking in late at night? I was horrified but the front desk man nervously treated it as a minor boo boo "oh, the woman at the desk who gave you the room earlier in the day didn't let us know she had booked it." ??? OK, aren't the room's plastic cards supposed to make each room's key unique and secure? I would have expected a sincere apology or a discount in the way of apology, but none was forthcoming.

At the complimentary continental breakfast in the lobby in the AM, a surly young man refused to refill the oatmeal although the breakfast was 1.5 hours away from being over. The bin containing dirty dishes was overflowing. Other offerings such as pastries, English muffins, and white bread, which must have come from a supermarket, certainly not from the hotel's kitchen, were also in short supply, as each new wave of diners discovered.

All in all, pretty is as pretty does, and this was pretty disappointing. A more alert and caring staff would have earned a 4th star.

Room Tip: ask to look out on the pool(rear) rather than the parking lot. Tell them not to give your room to ot...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a nice hotel by all appearances. Very nicely done public places, grounds, all looks like a solid 4 or even 5 star hotel. Rooms are spacious. Staff are friendly. The hard parts are done, the small things should be easy, and yet this is where the hotel fails. Modern traveler has a few "musts" that he will demand in any decent hotel: Good bed, Good shower, Good Internet, Good breakfast. You get those 4 right and you could be running a dump and you will still get business. Alas, the shower is a string of water, clearly the boiler is not up to snuff to handle many guests showering between 7 and 9 am. I mean REALLY a terrible small fluctuating string of water. Unacceptable. The bedding and bed were excellent. As good as they come. Internet (wifi) was free, but terrible. This is a setup they probably have had for many years and it simply doesn't handle modern needs. It comes off and on and shift between various hotspots like a ghost. You will get your email done, but forget surfing, skype, or video. Breakfast was horrible. Stale rolls from Wallmart, hard boiled eggs, coffee, canned juice, yoghurt. You get the picture. And the shame of it is that it wouldn't take much to make this a great place to stay. Spend some money on the bigger boiler, spend another couple of hundred dollars on breakfast, update internet connection and that is it. As is, it is average at best.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Upon arrival I was met by two friendly people who both exceeded my expectations on helping me. ROOM: The room was okay at best. An extension cord ran across the floor (yes you read that correctly) to allow for the lamp by the bed to work. I did not find the bed comfy but the wife did so that is a victory in it's self. Our room overlooked the lake and pool area so that was a nice touch to our stay. My one complaint sand fleas all over the bed and we had not been to the beach yet on this trip!
POOL: We spent a good amount of time in the pool area as our kid LOVES to swim! I will admit they keep the pool warmer than bath water but it was nice as my kid was able to swim longer because getting cold was impossible.
BREAKFAST: I will say that a Days Inn offers more choices! This is as basic as they come oat meal, Rasin Bran, Frosted Flakes, rolls, muffins, toast, milk, and OJ. That is it and that is all :-(
Area: Saturday was AWESOME they had a little farmers market in the parking lot across from the hotel so we went and wasted some time eating and shopping. I also had NO issues with the highway I think some people use it as something to complain about.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I am not a complainer but I travel a lot and have what I think are reasonable expectations for the price.
Staff: two out of three of the desk staff seems to look at customers as if they were a nuisance rather than somebody to help pay for their jobs
Breakfast: about the same as at a Holiday Inn Express
Internet: if being connected is important to you this is not a place to stay - poor setup
Location deceiving this place is right on the busy highway - very noisy
Room: blah
Business services: 7:00 for a 1/2 hour
I suspect that I might have been more positively disposed if the staff was more friendly and professional

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dburke07
Northern Wisconsin
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for two nights. Upon check in, I cleaned the sink & tub with a washcloth as they were dirty. I went down to the front desk and reported the dirty sink & tub & suggested that the manager be told to make spot checks on cleaned rooms. Then we went to the Tiki Bar. This seems to be a local hang out. The service was spotty with one totally forgotten drink order. The waitperson was very friendly, just a little forgetful. The exercise room has basic workout equipment that appeared well-maintained. The continental breakfast has basic items - cereals, fruit, pastries, toast, hard-boiled eggs, etc. We did not use the pool or the hot tub. The room was big. The bed was "extra-firm" which my husband and I don't find very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went to explore the west coast and only stayed one night. The staff was friendly and for the most part things were clean. Nothing special but completely fine for the price. They have a basic continental breakfast which is a plus. The room did have both a tub and a shower which was nice. We did not go to the pool area so I am not sure if it was nice or not.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonita Springs
Hampton Inn Bonita Springs/Naple...
#4 of 15 in Bonita Springs
Comfort Inn Bonita Springs
#5 of 15 in Bonita Springs
North Naples
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples

Been to Trianon Bonita Bay? Share your experiences!