“Road Warrior”
Review of Trianon Bonita Bay

Trianon Bonita Bay
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Felt like I was coming into the Ritz.

Where else can you have your coffee in a porcelain cup and porcelain holder? Tired of paying more and getting concentrated orange juice from a machine in the morning, into a cheap plastic cup?

Next time come to this hotel, it still conserves the old style of customer care, where I am not just a number, but a customer that wants to feel like at home.

This place is across the street of the most well-known brand names of restaurants. There is no need to long drives searching for good affordable place to eat.

Room Tip: Small size hotel likes this usually have no issues with room locations.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Trianon Bonita Bay

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just return home from a 2 night at this property. We had a good time and we enjoy
the time and the food at the Lake House Restaurant. The room was big with a king bed and very clean. Staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast wasn't so good. Need more variety. The area is very nice and not to far from Bonita Beach (5 minutes). Other attractions in the area within a short drive distance. Love it. I would return to this property again. It was a good deal througt Grupon. My overall experience was very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay. We had a Groupon. Thankfully we had rented a car, as there isnt much around this hotel, althougth conveniently located on Hwy 41. We would have been stranded without transportation, as there is very little to do at the hotel, outside of a small pool. Staff were friendly, some more knowledgable and helpful than others. The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated, Good size bath. Downsides- the in room mini fridge freezer was completed frosted over- the patio door did not lock, the pool was overheated and not refreshing (even the seniors were complaining). We ate at Lake House a couple of times - the food wasnt very appetizing at all. No crab cakes as advertised- out of season, I ordered scallop salad and could barely stomach it, next night had the linguine with mahi mahi and it was literally floating in masses of oil. I had to return it to get the pasta part redone. The kids chicken fingers was really large- and they enjoyed it. Wish they had more alternatives than french fries- rice, veggies, pasta etc for sides.

The continental breakfast was advertised with 'slices of fruit'. It was basic- 2 types of cereal, bread, bagels, muffins, and apples/oranges. Changing up the cereals, having oatmeal, or other fresh fruits would have been good.

Warning on the Roys Restaurant coupons - I had two $20 vouchers , but at checkin they then told me I could not combine them. This should have been indicated on the Groupon fine print, as the Lake House credit was for the full $100 . As such we didnt use them,so the Groupon deal didnt end up as good as originally thought.

Overall an ok place to stay, it was a good deal through Groupon, but I wouldnt choose it again. I'd rather a room with a microwave at least, and closer to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CdnTravelmom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a small resort-like property. We also had a Groupon for 4 days and enjoyed a mini vacation celebrating 52 years of marriage. We were greeted with a Happy Anniversary from the front desk clerk. We found all the staff friendly, helpful and pleasant. While having drinks, that were more than generous, in the lobby (compliments of Groupon) we met the chef of the Lakehouse Restaurant. He advised us about the best choices in food and was spot-on -- blackened mahi and the scallop salad! It was nice to have a restaurant on premise. There is a nice pool and 2 hot tubs (one was not in service) and an area to sunbathe and relax. The rooms were large and VERY clean. Mattresses were memory-foam tempurpedic which are high end 'if you like them.' Also had real down comforters (very heavy) and 7 pillows per bed. I had to ask for a lighter cover and they sent a cotton blanket which worked well. Our room had an old TV, not a flat screen which we found unusual for this type hotel. It also did not have extended cable service; no HBO, etc.! The bathroom exhaust fan did not work and when we advised the front desk they told us that the parts were no longer available. This might be a health violation. Can't comment on the breakfast (although it looked like run-of-the-mill fare) as we ate at Mel's Dinner every morning which is an old established 1950's dinner with great food! If you are in the area you HAVE to go there! This is a very lovely property and we would certainly return.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool/lake view room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AMKaloha
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had a very enjoyable stay at this location! My husband and I arrived in the middle of the night, rather exhausted. Barbara at the desk was delightful. Very patient, and understanding of our weariness. She gave us some great tips for things to do over the next couple days. The room was very spacious, and exceptionally clean.The beds were some of the BEST I have ever slept in! The Promenade Shops are just a few feet from the hotel entrance, so shopping was super convientent.

My only complaints: The complimentary breakfast was terrible. I know, I know, It's free, I shouldn't complain. But when the Days Inn or Motel 6 are serving up better food than this 4 star hotel, There's a problem lol. I mean come on, You can do better than stale cereal and chalky danish. Also, The swimming pool is situated RIGHT next to the "Lakehouse" restaurant. Not only do the restautrant patrons (local residents, Not just hotel guests) stare at you while you suntan or swim, They make so much noise, and play the music so loud, That it's impossible to feel relaxed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had a Groupon for the Trianon Bonita Bay. We found the hotel pretty easily as it is directly off US 41. The hotel is lovely with many trees and an "old world" look. The staff was friendly at check in and check out. The room was extremely large when compared to other typical hotel rooms. The bathroom was also very large with a separate shower and bathtub. We had a room with a balcony, overlooking the pond and the swimming pool, which was pretty. Rooms on the other side of the hotel would overlook the parking lot and would be decidedly less scenic. The Groupon we purchased had a dinning credit at the onsite Lakeside Grill. The food was better than one would expect at a poolside grill but don't expect gourmet entrees. Also it should be noted that the grill has only outdoor seating, which seemed to surprise some people who approached the grill and immediately left. Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would recommend the Trianon to anyone looking to stay in the area. Please note that the hotel is approximately a 10-15 minute drive to the nearest beach.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
skystacy1969, Director of Sales at Trianon Bonita Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank You for your positive feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Trianon Bonita Bay Hotel. I hope that your travels bring you back to Southwest Florida to stay with us once again!

Regards,

Stacy Robertshaw
Trianon Bonita Bay Hotel

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was a road trip My wife and I took all the way from Houston to Key West. On our way back we decided to stop in the Naples area and found this nice hotel on priceline. Location is great, near shops, few minutes from the beach. Excellent comfort, the rooms are well kept, clean and spacious, marvelous amenities. Flat TV screen, WIFI, bathrooms are phenomenal, stand up shower separate from the Tub. No refrigerator. I would definitely come back again.

The only negative aspect of the stay was their customer service... I cant understand why clerks can't be nice to guests. (we pay their salaries) I know we looked tanned and we looked like tourist but the front desk gentleman wasn't friendly at all, maybe we didn't look like a million bucks, but come on we are on vacation. I gave him my Spanish last name and his reaction was very negative, then he told me I didn't have a reservation. I pulled my Iphone and showed him the receipt and then he remarkably said "priceline" as a negative remark. Anyhow, that didn't change the enjoyment of our vacation so next time I stay there I will make sure I wear a suit and don't look as dark so I get better service. (what's wrong with people?)

Honestly, this is a great Hotel, very conformable, charming, wonderful place to stay for a short or longer period of time. They offer breakfast, plenty of parking, it is located in a selective nice area. In the morning when we left, the lady who was at the front desk was a lot nicer and made up for her colleague. Very Good Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple