“Beautiful, Quiet”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful, Quiet”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This beach is off a beaten path (more like a 10 minutes drive down a road sided by multi-million dollar home). It's very quiet. It is $8.00 to park for the day. Make sure you bring yourself a cooler with some drinks and munchies. I found a couple cool shells on the beach and in the shallows. I was hoping for crystal clear waters but found it to be exactly the same as east coast beaches.

• Czech first
Homestead, Florida
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great beach--lots of shells”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

What I experienced was pretty much what I had read about in other reviews of this beach. $8 entry fee. Beautiful drive through a fancy-shmancy neighborhood. The beach is big with a hard sand bottom in the water. Water is not clear (typical of the gulf beaches) so it is not a great snorkleing location. But is does get deep so it is good for swimming. There are lots and lots of shells. Nice facilities with clean restrooms outdoor showers. Parking is good and it is not a long walk to the beach. One thing that surprised me is I thought there would be a concession for umbrella rental. And there was but no one was there. There is no shade on this beach so bring an umbrella if you plan to stay a while. Maybe the concession is only open on weekends but I expected during the summer that it would be open daily. You should also know that the beach is not fluffy soft sand. If you have beach mats or chairs bring them. I didn't because I thought it would be a soft sand beach based on reviews I read. I wished I had brought them--would have been a lot more comfortable. But still a very nice beach and I would go back.

1 Thank L M
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Beach”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We came twice and loved it. Get here by noon at the latest to ensure a parking spot. Lovely for walking and swimming.

Palm City, Florida, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great for finding shells”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The white sands & loads of shells will keep everyone content for hours on end~ Definitely a must see...Enjoy the environment leisurely.

Visited August 2012
Nanuet, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“#1 Southwest Beach for us!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at Fort Myers Beach but wanted to explore all the famous beaches around so we visited sanibel Island, Naples beach, Marco Island Tigertail Beach, including Fort Myers beaches and this was our favorite!
As other reviewers mentioned, Barefoot had alot more shells than Sanibel Island beaches!
Yes, its perfect for shelling and taking some beautiful pictures.
We didn't site any tortoise as I was hoping but we spend some valuable time here.
We didn't go here to play in the water- solely to take pictures and pick up shells and it was perfect!
You surely need watershoes to walk around or to play in the water since it's very shelly.

It's $8 to enter but you can go in and out for that day if you need to. They had a nice little shell museum in the parking lot area and it was enjoyable to walk in it.
Well worth paying $8!!

**In case you're not aware-- Southwest Beaches in the summertime aren't so pretty as it would during the off summer. Due to constant rain and storm, all those mangroves and underwater goo-ies make the beach color look"muggy". We were quite disappointed to see all those muggy colored beaches throughout the southwest, decided never to go during summer again.

1 Thank elleno