“Bottomless drinks and all, bottomed out”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #74 of 194 Restaurants in Bonita Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Bottomless drinks and all, bottomed out”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

There are a couple of expectations one has when coming to a Perkins or a restaurant of its ilk and that is promptness and courtesy. This place has neither. Ralph, who was at the front and I suppose was suppose to greet was too busy chatting with the other workers to attend to that. We were never greeted, and were the only people there in the lobby; and finally were whisked off to a booth and NEVER a greeting. Then our server had the entire section, so the bottomless drinks, bottomed out and we were never able to even flag him down for refills. No one ever came by to see how things were, we had to go to another table to obtain ketchup as our bottle was empty and no way to get the server for that either. And no offer or asking if we would like desert (which we did want but did not get). So, even though we like Perkins as a rule, we cannot recommend this one for the egregious failings of the unwelcomeness that we felt from the moment we entered, the food that was mediocre by even Perkins standards, and the totally inattentive service; which was only compounded by the lack of even a feeble thank you as we left. No welcome entering, inattentive service while there and no thankfulness as we left all add up to a pass on this Perkins.

Visited March 2014

“Turkey Day”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were down in Bonita Springs for a Vac. during Thanksgiving and was thinking I was going to miss the Turkey Day supper, but found the Perkins open and serving Turkey Day Dinner. I was very happy with the service and the Turkey Day Dinner was way more food than i could eat!! Thanks for the great service!!!

• Visited November 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Great food 24 hours”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

On the corner of US 41 and Bonita Beach Rd. Usually have lunch or breakfast but it was late. Both my friend and myself had a piece of the mixed berry pie. No sugar added? Was delicious for a late nite snack...but French silk would have worked also.

Visited February 2014
little staughton u.k.
“Great food great service”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Very good menu,well cooked and presented food, special over 55s menu, pleasant surroundings,quick service and very attentive staff

• Visited January 2014
Naples, Florida
“MY DOG WOULDN'T EAT WHAT WE BROUGHT HOME!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

It was a Thursday evening and after a hard day at work, my husband said, let's go grab some dinner so I wouldn't have to cook. We decided on Perkins which is close to our home. Never been there for dinner, only breakfast. What a bad mistake. We walked in and there were people waiting to be seated. That is normal since we are in our busy season here in Southwest Florida. Tables started emptying out so we were excited that we wouldn't have a long wait. The hostess left her post and decided to help the cashier. People were coming in, waiting in a line to put their names on a list to get a table. After 15 or 20 minutes, the hostess returned to her post. It was complete chaos. When were were finally seated, the server was in a real hurry. She started taking orders from customers who were seated after us. I had to yell for her to please take our order. She acted like she was doing us a favor. My husband ordered some fried fish and I ordered grilled chicken and rice. I could not believe how dry the chicken was. I couldn't even cut it, let alone eat it. I decided to bring it home to our dog. She gave it one look and a sniff and walked away!! Never again will we eat at Perkins. Horrible.

• Visited February 2014