“Always a Pleasure”

Ranked #35 of 215 Restaurants in Bonita Springs
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: You Can't Fake Fresh® - that's not just our tagline, it is the core value of the family owned and operated Pinchers Crab Shacks.Fresh is everything to a seafood restaurant, especially ours, and we try our best to deliver fresh seafood to your table each and every visit. Local fishermen and crabbers leave our shores daily and guide their boats out into the Gulf of Mexico to fish on behalf of Pinchers. They return each night with the best that the Gulf has to offer. They bring this precious catch to us and are one of the primary reasons for our success.In 2007, we purchased the Island Crab Company on Pine Island to serve as a fresh seafood facility for our restaurants. By having our own local facility, we can deliver fresh fish and shellfish to the table faster and fresher – whether its Grouper, Blue Crab, Stone Crab or some of the wonderful fish that you'll see highlighted as specials of the day.Local Fisherman fish Local Waters for a Local Restaurant. You can't get a more Southwest Florida experience than that, and that's what we mean when we say – You Can't Fake Fresh®.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The food is Always good... The corn & crab chowder is delish and their wings are the best around... But the staff is the best feature of this Pinchers. Always friendly, courteous, warm, & welcoming. A fun and festive atmosphere!

PinchersCrabShack, Division Manager at Pincher's, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thanks for your awesome response! We value our staff at all our locations, and Bonita is one of our best! We hope you keep coming back and sharing your great review!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

When I moved to the area years ago this used to be the place everyone wanted to go. Now every time I mention it, someone in our group has not had the best experience there. It may be just to much competition with newer places opening all the time. The food has always be on the pricey side and just average. It tends to be busy in the winter time, due to tourists not knowing that there are better places to try.

PinchersCrabShack, Divison Manager at Pincher's, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

I'm sorry to hear that you feel we dont meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on being a locally owned company that supports our local economy through local fisherman and their families. I do hope that you try us agian and/or one of our many locations. We do have the best happy hour prices around, maybe you can try and come back during our 3-6pm happy hour. We offer happy hour pricing on Peel N Eat Shrimp, Wings, Clams & Oysters! Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

When you first go in, you see the catch of the day on ice in the display. It has a sports bar atmosphere. Very laid back. They place parchment paper on the table just like at Texas Tony's Rib Shack. We found out that Pinchers and Tony's are owned by the same owner, and you can get both menus at both places.

We like to eat early and we just happen to be there before 5:15 and caught happy hour. They had a 60 cent special going. You could get peel 'n eat shrimp, clams, oysters, and buffalo wings for 60 cents each. We decided to get a bunch of appetizers for dinner. We ordered the calamari. (This is very good!!!) We ordered a dozen shrimp. We ordered a dozen buffalo wings. And, a dozen coconut fried shrimp. Everything is fresh and tastes delicious.

Very good and fun atmosphere. We will return.

PinchersCrabShack, Divison Manager at Pincher's, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for your great review. We love our happy hour and cant wait to have you back!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've been going here for the last couple of years. It used to be the place of choice for a business lunch as my office is close by and was a nice choice when we had visitors from out of town. Lately the food has been from average to not so good. Yesterday, was my last straw. A party of five and no one had anything good to say about what they ate.

I had the caesar salad with blackened grouper. The salad was fresh and crisp, however, the fish was not good. I doubt that it was grouper. If it was, it was frozen. One of the other guests had the same thing and neither of use finished the fish. A couple of years ago, the fish was fresh, large, and mouth watering.

Another guest had the talapia tacos. She reported no taste and bones.

The last few visits I have noticed a distinct change in the quality. I'm going to take 6 months off and hope there is a change for the better.

I am very sad to read that we have not been meeting and exceeding your standards. I am very glad that you will be back to try agian. I hope that when you do we exceed your last few experiences. I have notified the staff at that location in hopes that we can create the true Pinchers experience that you are used to.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Wow, this place is definitely overrated. We were very disappointed in our meals. After having many seafood meals in the area, we had heard great things about this place, so thought we would try it out. With it being a local “chain” restaurant we thought it had to be good. The crab dip was very thin, I even thought they had made a mistake and brought us the soup! I had a crabcake which was good and moist, but lacking a sauce to accompany it. Tartar sauce was served with it, but it just didn’t work. Most places have a “sauce” that goes with it. My husband had the king crab legs, and we had to send them back as one of them was stone cold. In fact, for $30, he was disappointed to received 2 ½ legs (it was definitely less than the stated 1lb). There were not apologies from the waiter in regards to the cold food. In fact they brought him the exact same plate back….I’m assuming it was microwaved!!! Avoid this place…it is overpriced, and definitely lack lustre in the food and the service. We waiedt 5 min for a stool with a back for our child, and then I had to ask again. Try Red Lobster, or Joe’s Crab Shack…or another local joint…spend your $$ elsewhere…

PinchersCrabShack, Division Manager at Pincher's, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I just wanted to take the time to acknowledge your experience. I am very sorry that we did not meet your standard. I can asuure you that we pride ourselves in the freshest seafood around. We actually love that we support our local economy and the local fisherman that provide our awesome seafood.

I hope that you try us agian, as I can assure you this was not typical for our establishment.