“A Diamond in the Rough”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm mad at myself for driving past this place for the last 18 years and thinking it looked too course for my, (ahem), refined tastes. On a recommendation of a friend who said the wings were the best ever, my wife and I gave it a try last Saturday night. We were promptly taken through the mostly full dining rooms to a booth where a singing guitar player did a great Johnny Cash. The dress code was sneakers and blue jeans casual and the décor was campy eclectic, but very cool! There was no sawdust on the floor but it wouldn't have been out of place. It was hard to walk to the clean restroom without stopping every two feet to read some framed news article on the wall or peek at a humorous picture. Everyone seemed happy and so were we. The draft beer was cold, they served great fried green tomatoes, perfect wings, (they claim to have sold over 12 million!), and I had the absolute best taco salad in my life! We will go back and next time we will invite our friends to join us.

2  Thank Neopolitans
There are newer reviews for Buffalo Chips Restaurant

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Buffalo Chips has the Best wings outside of Buffalo. Great service, too. Place is quaint. A local favorite. One of our favorite places without the beach.

1  Thank GHLondon
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We eat at Buffalo Chips at least twice during our week long stay!!! Monday is wing nite & they are awesome!! My husband loves their spaghetti on Thursdays!! It's a fun atmosphere ...the only downfall is that they don't have liquor ...only beer & wine!!

1  Thank Lynforde
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The food was okay, however the ambiance was well worth the trip. It has a menagerie of posters, pictures and other things plastered all over the walls.

1  Thank Lanka L
Reviewed March 28, 2013

When we first visited Buffalo Chips Restaurant, a wave of nostalgia flowed over me. I grew up in a small town in Illinois and on Friday night my parents would take my brother, sister, and me to the 119 Club--a small, neighborhood bar. They would have a few cold draft beers and chat with whoever was there (they knew everyone--it was a small town, as I said) while my siblings and I would have sodas and the occasional sandwich from the kitchen.

Buffalo Chips is that kind of place: an establishment that has a long history behind it; a place to catch up with your friends and to make new ones; a place to get a decent, reasonably priced meal. It isn't haute cuisine, but if you like chili, fried food, hot sandwiches, wings, and the like, you should give it a try.

Maybe it will remind you of a place from your past.

1  Thank Thomas E