“Massive portions!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Handel's Homemade Ice Cream

Handel's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Bonita Springs
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Massive portions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stopped by for a ice cream after dinner, I ordered a brownie sundae, which I could only look at in amazement, wondering how on earth i was going to manage to eat it! It was a massive thing! Covered head to toe in whipped cream with a cherry on top. There was 3 scoops of ice cream, i chose banana, pineapple sorbet and dulce de leche, there was also a slab of chocolate brownie, nuts and fudge sauce. OMG it was fabby but way too much for me, luckily i had some willing helpers to finish it off. It was excellent value and really busy when we were there too.

Visited October 2012

Jacksonville, Florida
“Best Ice Cream in Florida!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Handel's has by far the best ice cream in Florida. I had the Chocolate Pecan and it was divine! I visited Handel's while vacationing from Jacksonville with my fiance and we were both really impressed with the ice cream and the service. All of the workers were very attentive, and the inside of the store was very well-kept. Overall, it was a wonderful experience - Handel's will remain one of our favorite places in Bonita Springs!

• Visited May 2012
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Awesome Ice Cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We made our first visit to Handel's tonight. In our opinion, they serve much better ice cream than the Royal Scoop and it is more reasonably priced. The store was clean and the service was extremely friendly. The ice cream was creamy and delicious and tasted fresh with no yucky artificial flavor aftertaste. They also sell fresh yogurt and Gorant chocolates based out of Youngstown, OH. There were several tables inside. My only criticism of the place is that the decor/atmosphere is just a bit stark, but it was so good we really didn't mind. We'll definitely be going back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Youngstown, Ohio
“Bonita Springs Family Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I were in Bonita Springs visiting family and had to stop by a Youngstown, Ohio favorite....Handel's Ice Cream. We have tried other ice cream shops and none have compared to Handel's homemade ice cream. Once you have the creamy texture and delicious flavors...my favorite is chocolate pecan and my husbands is butter pecan, you will never want another! Couldn't ask for a friendlier couple that own the shop!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
West Grove, PA
“Great ice cream- so much better than Royal Scoop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have been getting ice cream every day of vacation and this is the best place. Yesterday we went to the number one rated ice cream, Royal Scoop, and I think this place is so much better. I had a great ice cream sherbert parfait and the kids had oreo milkshakes. Same price as all the other places. The worker was super friendly too.

• Visited August 2012