“Service, Grounds, Decor Impeccable!”

Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
McKinney, Texas
“Service, Grounds, Decor Impeccable!”
Reviewed May 19, 2007

I have stayed in many hotels in my 36 years and never have I experienced a staff as friendly, sincere and dedicated to providing the utmost in quality customer service as the staff at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation!!!!!

In addition to the excellent staff is the absolutely stunning decor of the entire hotel particularly the floors throughout the lobby and common areas of the main building.

The landscaping it breathtakingly lush and well manicured with eco-friendliness in mind. The only slight (and I do mean slight) disappointment that I had was in the beach; however the water taxi ride to the island was most relaxing and pleasant. The island is reserved primarily for wildlife habitat, thus allowing only a small amount of space for actual beach.

Overall, this is an extremely classy and beautiful hotel with a phenominal staff!

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Melbourne,Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2007

We just returned from a lovely stay at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation. My Husband, twin five year old sons and myself had a very relaxing stay. The property is very clean, staff very friendly and the amenity sites (pool, gym, playground) were awesome!!!

Stayed in a 1 bedroom unit, which had a full kitchen- great for cooking breakfast in the morning !!!!! The only down side if any, is that there really is not any full service restaurant on site, only "The Verandah Restaurant" out by the pool area, however it does not serve breakfast or dinner- only lite lunch food. The Hyatt Hotel which is only down the road does have full service restaurants and you are able to use all of the amenities of this hotel along with the plantation.

Overall, a Great Family Place!!!!!

• Liked — Pools
  • Disliked — lack of restaurants
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed February 23, 2007

We have just returned from a week at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation in Bonita Springs, FL. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. We stayed in a 2 BR, 2 full Bath condo, directly facing the golf course. One of the bedrooms had a 4 poster King bed with an adjoining bathroom which had a jacuzzi, seperate shower, separate toilet area as well as two sinks/vanity on one side and the same on the other. It accomodated the 4 kids we have, that's for sure.

The Pool area was beautiful, and had a 'lazy river' area, too. The nice thing is that you can also use the facilities/restaurants at the adjoining Hyatt Regency. This hotel was amazing. There's a boardwalk that leads to a small marina with a boat to take hotel guests to a private island, complete with beach chairs, umbrellas and bathroom facilities. My kids loved collecting sand dollars and sea shells for hours.

I have to say that we almost missed this private island. After reading many of the reviews on this website stating the 'private island' was a disappointment, we almost didn't go. Many of the other people stated that they were disappointed because of the lack of food/snack shops on the island. If you pack a picnic lunch, drinks, etc you can borrow a cooler from the hotel store.

Definitely take the boat trip to the island!

• Liked — Location and room decor, cleanliness, pool/beach area
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank kmack212
willow street, pa
Reviewed February 13, 2007

My wife and I spent a week there and loved every minute of it. Hot tubs, steam room, sauna, multiple heated pools, exercise facilities, golf course, private island, gorgeous room, lush landscaping, eagles to observe. I could go on and on. You won't be dissappointed.

• Disliked — the rule that stated you were not permitted to bring a cooler or drinks poolside
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rgmhog1450
Georgia
Reviewed January 29, 2007

I am writing from the hotel and have nothing but praise for this place.

The cab fare was $35 from the Fort Myers Airport to the hotel. I did not plan to rent a car. In hindsight, I wish that I had. If you are planning to visit this place for pure rest and relaxation then it is possible to check-in and be well taken care of for an extended time. If you desire anything beyond what the hotel supplies, rent a car. The walk to the nearest commercial spot is approx. 1.5 miles and there are no sidewalks for the entire walk so you must walk on the shoulders of a busy road with many speeders and a lot of broken glass and litter. In order to get a cab from here you can contact the transportation desk, but the fare of the limousine service they called was $5 higher than the cab fare I had utilized earlier. I think I would have probably been better off renting a car when the finances of transportation are considered and would have had more options available to me.

The hotel sits at the end of a long straight entranceway bordered primarily by vacant land, small older mobile homes, and newer larger development--it is an area in transition, andmost of the smaller homes are not visible until you are in your room and look out from the balcony. There are some less than attractive spots visible from my side of the hotel.

The staff here is great. They eagerly have sought to take care of my every need. When I have asked a question as in "Where is the mail drop?" the person eagerly responded that they would take the mail for me. Just everywhere I have turned from the minute I arrived the staff has been eager to serve.

The room on the 13th floor has a balcony and golf course view. There is noise from the rooftop AC/HVAC or whatever it is below the balcony and when the door is open or when sitting outside it is obvious and a bit annoying, but overall a minor thing. The grounds are beautiful and it is hard to believe this is such a new property because of the great old palms and huge ficus hedges, etc.

The room has ample pillows and blankets and is spacious. A desk with chair, live plant, and lamp. A floor lamp at an easy chair with ottoman, armoire with TV, granite counter with small fridge and coffee service, robes. Bathroom has extras like a container with bath salts and another with cotton balls, Q-tips, make-up remover pads, standard Portico shampoo, lotion,comditioner, bath gel. A small shelf unit with wire baskets with shower cap, shoe horn, lint mitt, etc. There are two sinks but a shower/bath combo.

The spa is crazy expensive. I paid three times the rate I pay at home for the same services. The staff is very good and friendly and provide just the right amount of attention. Purchasing a spa service of any type also gives you steam and sauna privileges, but I did not utilize them so felt that I was really paying more than I was receiving there.

There is a boat to a private island with a beach and my only wish was that it ran later in the day--you pretty much want to get out there in the morning or early afternoon--otherwise you don't have much time at all there. I think the last boat is at 4, but am not sure. I just know that I rode the boat over and back without getting off one afternoon because it was the last run of the day.

They have a nice firepit and you can buy the ingredients for s'mores in the gift shop. I believe it is $30 for the pack of marshmallows, chocolate, graham cracker, and two sticks.
They have a free DVD library but you must pay a deposit--reasonable. In the coffee shop in the lobby you can usually grab a salad for $8 and they have sandwiches and chips and ice cream and wine,beer, some liquor available.

Overall the place is beautiful, the people are wonderful and the ceviche at the Tarpon Springs restaurant is superb.

I have seen a number of families here though I am traveling solo and can see that this would be a great place to come with kids. The Camp Hyatt folks and the people who run the small bar near the kiddie pool with the water slide are enthusiastic and great with children.

For my purposes, it is quiet. Room service is quick and has been absolutely perfect. Fresh flowers, extra touches like wine with a separate carafe--just a little "extra mile" service afforded here.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nose from Outisde my Balcony
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank BeingGreen
Boston
Reviewed December 15, 2006

My family of 4 just returned from a week at this nearly perfect resort. We rented a 2 bedroom unit. This is a sample of what we got for our money:

-At least 1,000 sq feet of beautifully decorated space, with 2 kitchens, 3 terraces, 2 king beds, 2 large baths and a washer/dryer. The unit was silent.

-5 pools, including 2 kids pools and an awesome lazy river to float along.

-golf, tennis, volleyball, and poolside billards plus table tennis.

-Access to the nearby Hyatt Regency, an upscale hotel with georgous grounds and pools.

-Free access to the Hyatt's private island, via a lovely boat ride. We collected a bag of beautiful shells in about an hour on the beach.

-When a few lights went out in our unit, the hotel responded within minutes.

I have stayed in dozens of hotels and resorts around the world. This was in the top 2 or 3 and for families it cannot be beat.

• Liked — Quality and overall offerings
  • Disliked — Numerous guests enjoying deep discounts in return for time sharing pitches
  • Stayed December 2006
8 Thank poolbard1
NYC
Reviewed November 26, 2006

My wife, two children and I stayed at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation in Naples Fl. We were there to attend a seminar conducted by the NY firm GSAM Asset management. The meetings were conducted in the sister hotel, the neighboring Hyatt Regency. We found the facilities as well as the support provided by the hotel at the highest level, which is what you would expect from a Hyatt Regency.

At the Hyatt Coconut Plantation we also found the right combination of business and relaxation. The facilities and the location to the beach and restaurants were definitely up to pare for a family from Manhattan. The Hyatt Coconut Plantation is part of the timeshare portion of Hyatt. The one we stayed in was a family oriented full service resort. Between child care (Camp Manatee) and the suites, it was conducive in making financial decisions with GSAM Asset Management. We would highly recommend this hotel/timeshare for both a getaway and for conducting business. I will also say that the hotel (The Regency) has a great golf course.

I don’t usually contribute to these types of feedback sites but it was worth it considering that we were very impressed, and we only stay in 4 and 5 star hotels/resorts when on vacation.

• Liked — Conductiong Business with a separate family resort facility
  • Disliked — Not on the beach
  • Tips/Secrets — Hyatt Regency facilities available at the Hyatt Plantation; golf, restauraunts, heated pools
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bonita Springs Naples North
Lovers Key Resort
Lovers Key Resort
#5 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach

Been to Hyatt Coconut Plantation? Share your experiences!