“Wonderful Resort but.....”

Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Beautiful resort and grounds and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms were super clean,large,well equipped and much nicer than I ever expected A+.The grounds and pool areas get another A+. Plenty of chairs,towels and pool toys including tubes for the awsome lazy river. Under building parking was plentiful and kept your vehicle cool during your stay. Additional parking outside the building was perfect for our visiting guests A+. The ability to use the Hyatt Regency Hotel amenities was a real nice bonus and the trolley picked us up and dropped us off right on time. My kids loved the pool with the slide and the wait service around the pool was quick and friendly. The hotel entrance was beautiful as was the inside..Very impressive! There are certain times of the year that you cannot use the hotel amenities. A+ again. We did not get a chance to check out the private beach but since we live in Florida and go to the beach a few times a month I don't think we missed out on too much there. Now for the bad news.......The drink prices are atrocious! and you cannot even bring a small cooler near the pool. $7 for a domestic tap beer. $8 for a kids smoothie. This also includes not bringing your own food near the pool either. They caught me 2x so we ate real quick and downed our drinks. Cut those prices in half and they would wind up selling much more and still make a huge profit. Big F on the beverage prices. All in all it was a great Father's Day getaway with my family at a very very nice resort.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor. Nicer view and little quieter. There is an elevator
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank joewillie12

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was our 4th visit to this Hyatt vacation club, which we believe to be the nicest in the Hyatt chain. Any concerns we had the last time we were here melted away on this trip. The grounds are incredibly beautiful and the pool and lazy river can't be beat. The staff seemed much more friendly and accommodating this time around. It is clear the property manager is ensuring that everything is perfect for your vacation here. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have extra windows and a second balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sunseeker69
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Came here for a conference. Was treated to Champagne upon check-in, the staff was awesome, the room, immaculate and the conference amenities were well above what I'm used to for meetings. They went above and beyond for those with special dietary needs during the course of the events. Their food looked amazing! I wish I could have stayed for additional days as I barely saw 1/4 of the property, none of the pool, beach or other 'play' amenities but fellow conference goers were wowed with the entire property.

This is a get away that feels like you are on a secluded island, not in Bonita Springs.

Room Tip: I was on a lower floor over the bar which was pretty loud one night so ask for a higher floor if you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank CayohuesoJoe
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We L-O-V-E this place and have been coming for the past several years. This property is a hidden pristine jewel. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, the pools are never crowded, the lazy river is a stress buster and the private beach is guaranteed to please. This property is part of the Hyatt Residence Club. We are owners at another facility, but Hyatt allows you to use any of their properties within the Residence Club so we come here every year. The area has so much to do (message me if you want a list), great restaurants ( I'm happy to give my favorites), and the luxury of a beautiful fully furnished condo set in a very private location. Hyatt takes great pride in their property and it shows in every little detail. If you are interested in becoming an owner(which is surprisingly affordable) please mention my name! They even reward their owners for their referrals.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bridget B
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This resort is top notch. We enjoyed all the amenities. The pools are great, the lazy river is great. The bar service at the veranda (Jocelyn) was wonderful. The registration desk was nice. Oh, you must must must go take the trolley to the marina and then the ferry to the beach. The beach is private and there is no concession so if you have kids, bring your own. As for adults, grab a towel, bottle of water and go. You don't have to stay long because the ferry leaves every hour. Hey, we ain't into fancy schmancy but this place was great. The golf club isn't my cup of tea but it looked nice. So go and stay, you'll love it.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom has a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pris V
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband took my dad and step mother to the Hyatt Coconut Plantation for a 7 day vacation.
What a beautiful resort. We had a 2 bedroom lock off unit which gave us each privacy. The adult only pool was awesome being that my parents are elderly and needed some quite time. My husband and I enjoyed the lazy river, lazily rafting along, we did that each day. We will definitely go back again if a trade becomes available. Bonita Springs is a lovely little town nestled between Ft Myers and Naples. Lots to see and do with restaurants and shopping nearby if that is what you like to do. Or you can take the shuttle over to the marina and go to the resorts private beach. We all had a wonderful time. The bar staff at the Veranda was awesome, treated us so well. Missing it already

Room Tip: Rooms in building 3 are the closest too the pool area for the children. So if you want a little bit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank minjim
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We chose the Hyatt Coconut Plantation because of the lazy river. We enjoyed it because of the many wonderful experiences that Hyatt provides it's guests.

First off, let me start by saying that our trip did not start off the best. We got in late, we reserved a studio room with two double beds through Hyatt Gold Passport. (There are not double beds in the studios, btw. Be ready for a King and a pull out which is actually quite comfortable.) Once they explained that little tidbit, we were fine. However, that night, my daughter got the stomach flu. The next morning, we requested we get a different room. The staff was VERY accomodating, and actually worked it out that we could have an upgraded 1 bedroom unit for the next 3 nights, and then go back to a studio the last 3 nights. That worked out perfectly for my son's 4th birthday we were celebrating. A special thank you to Mary and Karla for making my son's birthday and our entire trip special.

A few tips:
The Lazy River is the best I've been in. Very relaxing.

Take the trolley over to the Hyatt Regency at least once. The driver is wonderful.

The private beach is beautiful (shared with Pelican Landing Condos), but we only made it out there twice during our week long stay. The last boat back is around 5 o clock, so if you are expecting beautiful sunsets on the beach each night, stay at the Hyatt Regency in Clearwater Beach.

The Veranda offers coolers packed with ice for your trip to the beach for free. There are no concessions on the island yet. (They are working on it)

If you go to the Hyatt Regency, say hi to Honey Bear and Hoss, the Newfoundland dogs, and their owner Paula. It was the highlight of my kids' trips.

Try out the slide at the Regency, and see if you can beat my speed of 6.95 seconds. I was told by the slide operator that I was the fastest he's seen. I will be updating my Facebook status with this tidbit shortly.

Last but not least, utilize the safe in the room and lock up your smartphone while you go to the pool. Nothing is happening in the world that is as awesome as your trip to the Hyatt.

Room Tip: There are no double beds in the studios. Be ready for a King and a pull out which is actually quite...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples

Been to Hyatt Coconut Plantation? Share your experiences!