“Hard to add to all the raves but will”

Adventures Kayaking
Ranked #2 of 22 Tours in Bonita Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Adventures Kayaking offers a wide variety of Tropical Kayaking and guided Eco Sightseeing Tours, Fishing Excursions. Kayak Rentals 3 hour to three weeks for all ages and skill levels.We have a marine biologist and a college student with same aspiration and love for the outdoors.Online booking can be done 24 hours a day.
Boston, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Hard to add to all the raves but will”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Other reviews pretty much cover the great time we had with Sterling kayaking in Estero Bay. He gave great info and passed around the critters he scooped. We were only in 3 feet of water so very safe. Some red tide caused a little coughing when motor boats kicked up algae but minimal and red tide a fluke, will pass. Excellent tour with birds seen as well as underwater life we would not have seen on our own. First time I've seen wild seahorses, a real treat. Also liked the mangrove tunnels; he took our photos and posted them on this site: Nice! No manatees due to cooler water temperature but that is nature's decision, not the tour guide's. Sterling was the best friendliest competent informative guide I could imagine, did not feel like a rote recitation despite doing it so often. Young (22?) and knows and loves the area, made a big difference. He and his father have the business. He also told us a lot about the Calusa Indians that added to appreciation of the place. Totally worth the $, also good exercise to work off some of vacation restaurant eating.

1 Thank emilyandamigo
KayakGlenn, Public Relations Manager at Adventures Kayaking, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
"underwater life we would not have seen on our own."
Thank you so much for helping our reviews on our page, and very happy to hear you enjoyed the experience, I think you added to the hype very well thank you! -Sterling Novotny

Bonita Springs, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“IN YOUR BACK YARD”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a great day!!!!!! Enough exercise to be proud...... great info from STERLING, our guide, to make it very educational!!!!! And all right here. Great birding. Crabs, Shrimp, sea horses, pin fish. Dozens of CRITTERS scooped up by Sterling. THE CRITTER GITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Displayed in several mason jars as I set on my kayak. Clouds moving, dolphin trailing and diving, even hunting fish a mere few yards from my paddle.

This IS a trip for the locals, the visitors........ The best value I've seen in 5 years of living full time in Bonita Sprgs.. EVERYONE will enjoy it.

I've rafted the Arkansas, enjoyed Belize, The "Miracle Mile" on the San Juan. Swam with Dolphins in Roatan..........................

THIS IS RIGHT THERE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW

2 Thank drojo2020
West Hartford, Connecticut
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“You can save money...”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

renting a kayak and going out on your own without a guide, but that would be a mistake; especially if you can take a tour with Sterling.
I have rented kayaks in the Naples area a few times before with my son and we see stuff, sure, but perhaps a tenth (if we're lucky) of what you'll see if you go on a tour with Sterling at Adventures Kayaking.
Sterling is a very engaging young man who periodically would hop out of his kayak and scoop up sea life so that we could see it and learn about it. We saw sea horses, upside-down jelly fish, pistol shrimp (ouch!) and much, much more. He has extensive knowledge about the marine life, birds and even the Calusa Indians.
This trip is not arduous and is a great activity for all ages. We'll be back next winter and I look forward to booking another tour with Adventures Kayaking.

1 Thank ATat103
"I look forward to booking another tour with Adventures Kayaking"
Thanks for the review, good to let people know what their missing when kayaking solo!
I always say "There are other kayaking companies but they dont have me" haha, but a guide in general always helps the experience, I'm glad I guided you well and showed you and, (Alexis?) a good time, and I look forward to seeing you again with the other Alexis and you sister! :) - Sterling Novotny
Mashpee, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We called and asked for four kayaks to be delivered to the Imperial River just off of Old 41. Sterling showed up there exactly on time and proceeded to advise us on which way to paddle and what to look for. We spent 2 hours paddling up river into an environment we had never seen before - beautiful cypress, mangroves and unusual palm trees. We saw turtles and a snake, few birds but wonderful twists and turns in the river that provided lots of fun. The trip back was fast with the current. Paddling on the river instead of the bay kept us from too much sun and protected from the wind. Loved it. Sterling arrived within minutes of our return to the ramp and helped us all back on land.

1 Thank Nancy N
It one thing to get a review from a guided tour but really mean a lot to get one from a RENTAL! so glad we provided you with good service! Thanks for the review Nancy -Sterling Novotny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss this trip, fun informational and well worth the time!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Sterling, our guide was knowledgeable and shared his passion of the Estero Bay Eco system. Amazing to see sea horses, several kind of shrimp, numerous crustaceans and much more. The time flew by!! A must adventure to take.

1 Thank Michele R
Thanks so much for the review Michele! Happy to hear you enjoyed the tour!
"A must adventure to take."
Sounds'bout right to me! thanks again- Sterling Novotny