“Lots of Wine to choose from”
Review of Figs Grille

Figs Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Figs Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great passion went into giving Figs the right feel. All the elements are designed to complement... the colors... the light... the sounds... in a word, Harmony.Figs is a destination for a great meal, in the sumptuous dining room or al fresco on the patio. Figs is a special place to host a private party and an extraordinary option for a catered event.
Naples
“Lots of Wine to choose from”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I believe in a bottle of wine for dinner since nothing is more appealing than a wine accomplishing dinner and conversation.

A friend recommended this place and gave me a coupon to give it a shot. I usually don't drive this far to go for dinner but the coupon was a great deal to give it a shot ;)

The wine list was indeed big and it made it hard to choose from - the wines are reasonable priced as well ... so we started with a cocktail to think about the wine.

Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and about the wines, too - "not all of them but still enough to guide you". That was good enough for me. I took my chance of being guided through dinner and wasn't disappointed!

The mushroom soup was really good and I was also very happy with my lamb shank which was served in a port wine and raspberry sauce. I never had a better one!

My girl was torn between the tuna ceviche and the goat cheese. Instead of pointing her in a direction she got a description of what the food would taste like - goat cheese it was and tasted fabulous!!! She gave the tuna a try and loved this creation as well. Pepper coated, grilled and finished with a homemade ginger soy glace - terrific!

We tried the recommended Salentein Malbec and it went pleasantly with both our foods.

We planned on sharing a dessert but all sounded as good as the menu - "almost all of them are made in house" ... well that didn't make it easier!!! The server's favorites were the chocolate semifreddo and the compote with figs and mandarin oranges.
Oh well ... we had rice pudding and semifreddo to go and ate the compote in the restaurant with espresso and cappuccino.

What do you expect? It was a great choice: a hot and cold combination fruity and savory. My espresso was a surprise as well since you usually get some stronger tasting coffee but mine had a real crema and a typical espresso flavor! Loved it.
The cappuccino tasted very good especially because it was a decaf - you couldn't tell a difference!

When we got our check I found out that the bottle of wine wasn't included in the discount - but we had a great time and saved so many dollars on the food so I didn't mind it. It was also pointed out on the coupon which I honestly didn't really read.

BOTTOM LINE___________________________
Unique dinner options with a great taste - and most important from appetizer to dessert!!!
Many wines from the old and new world to choose from for a good price!
Full bar - so you can have a cocktail, too!
Friendly, fast and attentive wait staff!
The owner is a sweet heart who frequently checks back with you to ensure all was well prepared and served!
Do you have to check it out? YES YES YES!!!

Oh btw the rice pudding and chocolate dessert was fantastic, too! We will be back soon!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank InVinoVeritas12
Sam T, Owner at Figs Grille, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
WOW.....A big heartfelt Thankyou! ......to you..and also to all those that take the time and effort to express to the community your personal experiences at Fig's Grille...I am most grateful...Sam

Bonita Springs, Florida
“Hidden Mediterranean Gem In Bonita!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I have been enjoying the Mediterranean delights served at Figs Grille since they first opened. The owner, Sam, always makes his way to our table for a quick chat. His hospitality, along with a diverse and interesting menu and friendly staff, keeps us coming back for more. A few of our favorite menu items include lamb T-bone with loganberry sauce, duck and any of their homemade soups. With a fantastic appetizer menu including grilled calamari, baba ganoush, cacik and hummus, I am able to quench my craving for all things Mediterranean!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mauinikki
orlando
“Raving? No, we didn't”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We love Mediterranean food and have traveled in some of these wonderful countries. But I am leery when a restaurant tries to do it all, and they do. Although many people rave, we didn't. We have had better food, with much less expense and enjoyed it more. Doesn't fit our taste buds and we would not dine here again. Some may continue to rave, but we will remain unimpressed.

• Visited August 2013
Sam T, Owner at Figs Grille, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I Thank you for your visit and comments..in particular that you enjoyed the service and ambiance of Fig's Grille...Sam
Estero, Florida, United States
“Still Our Favorite!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went back to Figs Grille last week. Walking in the door we were greeted by Sam who asked "Where have you been?". Work has kept us busy traveling so it felt good to be remembered! The house salad & filet mignon were outstanding! I repeat myself when I say that we have never been disappointed with any meal or service at Figs. We finished off our meal with the Chocolat Marquise which was outstanding! More travel in the horizon, but Figs will always be our place for an excellent repast & welcome. Thank you Sam!

• Visited July 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have been to this fine dining restaurant many times and have always been delighted with the quality of the food, the atmosphere and the service. Figs Grille is one of our favorite places to dine when meeting friends. The beef short ribs are the best ever!

• Visited July 2013