“Tasteless and boring.....”
Review of Figs Grille

Figs Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Figs Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great passion went into giving Figs the right feel. All the elements are designed to complement... the colors... the light... the sounds... in a word, Harmony.Figs is a destination for a great meal, in the sumptuous dining room or al fresco on the patio. Figs is a special place to host a private party and an extraordinary option for a catered event.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't like big rooms in strip malls, but I give the owners some credit for trying to soften this one. Still, some additional space dividers might afford a greater degree of intimacy and allow for some better lighting—I could actually see people throughout the room using the lights from their cell phones to read the menus. (I had a pocket flashlight that we passed around.) We started with a mezze plate—perhaps the least inspired mezze I have ever been served. The hummus was runny, the juices seeping into the other not-very-exciting items on the assortment that included a tasteless baba ganoush, hard "oven-dried" tomatoes, a few odd pickles, and some cubes of salty dried bread. Additional bread was served, but it was of poor quality. I had chicken kebobs that were okay but nothing special. My husband had the moussaka—dry and served with a side of pasta in an insipid tomato sauce...huh? Our friends had pasta and meat dishes. Service was mediocre. Despite my feelings about this place, the locals must like it, because it was pretty busy. If bland is what you crave, this is your place.

1  Thank Sweetwood1075

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Another restaurant hidden in a strip mall that is more than meets the eye! Behind the doors is a 5-star restaurant! Food is absolutely delicious and top quality. Portions are small but I'll take quality over quantity any day, especially since I am trying to watch my weight! The service is spectacular! One thing I would advise is bring a coupon! This place is expensive! Even with a coupon, because the gratuity is added before the coupon! But it is deserved because the server earns that gratuity! First class! I really appreciate how the owner created this ritzy environment with what he had, because I have seen many have try and fail. This one is a winner!

1  Thank BrendaB_MI48823
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Five of us had dinner on Saturday 3/2/13 and as a group had mixed reviews. The short ribs were excellent but the other meals were just average. What we did all agree on was the disappointing service. The waiter was friendly but not terribly efficient. Only two of us ordered drinks but the waiter didn't bring them until the kitchen servers brought our meals. The meals came quickly but the drinks should have been there much sooner. Water glasses were not refilled without asking and in general the experience was mediocre.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our party of three visited for a special occasion and enjoyed our dinner at Figs. It was easy to park out front because of location in a quiet strip mall on 41 North. From the greetings by the hostesses to our server at the table, we thought service was helpful, attentive and friendly. The menu selections were very interesting for this rather staid part of the world, with good mediterranean choices with authentic taste and seasoning. Sampler platter was a good introduction for the meal. We all ordered evening specials, both fish and meat, and received generous hot servings, nicely plated and not too saucy. Dining room was well-appointed and designed. Clientele was even appropriately dressed. Kudos to the Owner-Chef!

2  Thank TripInsider
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The third time we went to Fig's we took my sister and brother-in-law who were visiting from Boston.
From the soft-shell crabs to the duck to the stuffed veal chop everything was magnificent! I ordered cappuccino and said I would never be able to finish it. Wrong! It was wonderful. The ambience is lovely, the service great and Sam, the owner,has his eye on everything to make sure your dining experience is perfecto.

1  Thank BonitaSpringsCynthia